100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Thank you gaborbela for the quick reply.
Yes, both are still available. But I am finding difficulties in finding genuine ones from local shops.
Also, I am concerned about the hFE difference between 2N5401 and 2N5551(attached the spec) from Fairchild. Does it matters for A40? I might be wrong. Please advise.

Thank you.
Sha

Hello Sha,
I think 2N5401 and 2N5551 manufactured by CDIL are universally available in India. Those are good to go.
Also very difficult to get same HFE PNP and NPN, in most APEX designs you dont need to match NPN vs PNP. Its good enough to match the same types, especially LTP.

regards
Prasi

Last edited:
Hello Sha,
I think 2N5401 and 2N5551 manufactured by CDIL are universally available in India. Those are good to go.
Also very difficult to get same HFE PNP and NPN, in most APEX designs you dont need to match NPN vs PNP. Its good enough to match the same types, especially LTP.

regards
Prasi

Thank you Prasi for your reply :). Since A40 is of type full symmetry CFA, I got confused about the hFE matching. Your input gives me the confidence and green signal to go ahead.
Thanks again for the support.

Regards,
Sha

Thank you Prasi for your reply :). Since A40 is of type full symmetry CFA, I got confused about the hFE matching. Your input gives me the confidence and green signal to go ahead.
Thanks again for the support.

Regards,
Sha

I think they are quite cheap, buy them by 100's from a direct dealer. you will have plenty to play around + be assured of genuinity.

Nice boards...
How long it took to deliver to India?
Thanks and regards,
Sumesh
Nice little PCBs from PCBway ! also look at what a nice little free gift PCBWAY included in exchange for some accumulated coupons. It gives a very good visual perception of different devices and trace widths, which is not so apparent during PCB designing. Being loyal to boardhouses has its advantages:D.

Hope to build this during rainy season. Has anyone used MJE150XX devices for drivers?

regards
Prasi

Thank you

I think they are quite cheap, buy them by 100's from a direct dealer. you will have plenty to play around + be assured of genuinity.

Hi Prasi,
Yes, I am planning for the same.

Below is my sourcing plan-
2N5401/5551, BD139/140 - Electronic Parts Online Store - Tayda Electronics
BC550C/560C, MJE340/350 - in.element14.com
2SC4793/5200, 2SA1837/1943, TLO72 - diyaudiocart

taydaelectronics might be a tough call here :), seems the prices are less compared to other sites - hope they deliver the genuine ones.

Thank you for the support.

Reagrds
Sha

OK..
Have you placed the order?
How about the shipping charges at Tayda Electronics?
Regards,
Sumesh
Hi Prasi,

taydaelectronics might be a tough call here :), seems the prices are less compared to other sites - hope they deliver the genuine ones.

Reagrds
Sha

Hi Prasi,

Reagrds
Sha
Hello Sha,
Tayda is alright. Still4given here had genuine 2sk1058 2sj162 from there, if memory serves right.
Regards
Prasi

OK..
Have you placed the order?
How about the shipping charges at Tayda Electronics?
Regards,
Sumesh

Standard shipping cost for $21 is about $4.3 . And it is $10.3 if we choose DHL as the shipping method. Order is yet to be placed.

Hello Sha,
Tayda is alright. Still4given here had genuine 2sk1058 2sj162 from there, if memory serves right.
Regards
Prasi

Glad to hear :)

Reagrds
Sha

APEX P8 Preamplifier

Hello.I want to build the P8 preamplifier.Has anyone any sound impressions? Regarding output transistors BD139-140.Can i use 2SA1837-2SC4793 with better sounding results?
Can i replace BC639-640 with something better?

Attachments

• APEX P8 - SCHEMATIC.png
    APEX P8 - SCHEMATIC.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,852
Replacement for:

BC639:
BC639 :: BC-Types :: Transistors :: Semiconductors :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music GmbH

BC640:
BC640 :: BC-Types :: Transistors :: Semiconductors :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music GmbH

BD139:
BD139 n-p-n transistor complementary pnp, replacement, pinout, pin configuration, substitute, equivalent smd, datasheet
(You can replace BD139 with BD139G, BD230, BD237, BD237G, BD379, BD791, MJE244)

BD140:
BD140 p-n-p transistor complementary npn, replacement, pinout, pin configuration, substitute, equivalent smd, datasheet
You can replace BD140 with BD140G, BD231, BD238, BD238G, BD380, BD792, MJE254

Replacement from BD139/140 to 2SA1837/2SC4793 can be done and sound imrovement will be fine...as i know nobody have build P8 preamplifier so you will be the first one.

Apex uses easy available electronic parts so they are used because you can easy get BD139/140 in local store and 2SA/2SC is hard to get and there are some fakes on ebay.

My suggestion is to build P8 preamplifier and then replace BD with 2SA/2SC but watch pin orientation of each device (ECB => BCE).

If you don't have layout for P8 preamplifier you have three choices:

1. design yours
2. use from prasi => 100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier
3. use from robydream => 100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

It is very usual that Mile does not provide the circuit alongside the PCB layout with components. How about drawing one by yourself?

hi
i want to use this in small box then i want redesign this with small POT and smd part. apex schematic and designs have good quality and Principle design. i decide use it. in internet we can find many EQ but i used Apex B80 amp and want Apex EQ too because off good quality.
thank you

hello guys is been a long time I just want to share this image I'm trying to make me a new layout of the AX-14 cause I like it so much that I want it make it as artistic as possible this is my draft maybe I still need to tweak it even more do you guys like it ? Note: is not done 100% ;)

Best Regards
Juan

Attachments

• AX-14 NEW PCB ART.jpg
    AX-14 NEW PCB ART.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 1,299