100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

A9

Hi,

here is the first impression of the A9. It sings :wave2:
It runs with + -36VDC. The offset is between 4 and 5 mV after 20 seconds (comes from 300mV when turned on). The quiescent current is 15mA. With this setup, it can be set with the trimmer between 12 and 15mA.
The gain is high. The picture shows the input with 0.1Vpp and the output is 6Vpp at 1kHz! How can I adjust it?
The switching point of the FETs can be seen?
The sound is warm and has a crisp, punchy bass. The highs are crystal clear and without any background noise. With the old speakers as test equipment very impressive!
Some advice to optimize ist?
Layout can be changed. FETs should have more distance. It was tricky to mount it...

regards Olaf

Attachments

• 1hHz_Sinus.jpg
    1hHz_Sinus.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • A)_001.jpg
    A)_001.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,448
  • A)_002.jpg
    A)_002.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 1,377
olafk
Nice job !!
To decrease gain you must replace 22R resistor going to the signal GND, if you put 68R resistor the gain will be approx x30, if you put 47R the gail will be x42.

The bias at the driver stage is very low, the 5mA would be better IMHO (if you replace 3.9k resistor with 1.5k)

This is my next amp I am going to build but with bit different arangement, looks superb simple and nice.

Last edited:
At the moment everything looks (and sounds) very good. I will later make a few experiments with the gain and bias.
The corrected layout I will upload today evening.

What a nice amplifier. Thanks to Mile again!

regards Olaf

Nice work, schematic with new (red) values for fast DC servo, high bias and low gain.
Regards

Attachments

• APEX AA9sch.JPG
    APEX AA9sch.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 1,651
A9 ready

I have installed all the changes since the last schematic by Mile. Perfect! The sound is just great. Please do not ask how to explain it :). The offset is zero. Sine wave looks perfect.
Great!

I have made a few changes to the layout. On the component side you can see last installed values.

regards Olaf

See also my apex-autumn gallery :D
Many thanks

Attachments

• A9_V0.3.jpg
    A9_V0.3.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 701
  • A9_V0.3_Silk_small.jpg
    A9_V0.3_Silk_small.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Sine_A9.jpg
    Sine_A9.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • A9_Print_Mirrored.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 421
  • A9_Print.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 433
  • A9_All.pdf
    39.3 KB · Views: 524
  • apex-gallery.jpg
    apex-gallery.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
I have installed all the changes since the last schematic by Mile. Perfect! The sound is just great. Please do not ask how to explain it :). The offset is zero. Sine wave looks perfect.
Great!

I have made a few changes to the layout. On the component side you can see last installed values.

regards Olaf

Many thanks

Many Thanks for this pcb, A9 is my favorite amp,
Regards

Great!

regards Olaf

Many thanks

great job olaf - as usual! :) what will you cook for winter? :)