• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hi Sam

wire gauge on Shanti and Nirvana is standard for 3A. IFI uses the same.

Shanti AC cord has earth. Please check again.
Moode . DietPi , PCP are opensourced.You can switch between OS by flashing the SD card . Please check that best fits your need.

In the end , if you are not satisfied you can always return the product for a full refund .

Really. Thanks. I would like to return both products immediately. I will contact the dealer.

No estimate right now, but I hope you all know it will be "best bang for the buck"
For the box we might be able to reduce further I will know in about 3 weeks

Just to clarify , the amp (from my calculation) is 3 in the world as far as measurements go. .. (First is Benchmarh HB2 and second Purifi no gain)

Measurements were not our main goal . Sound quality was. Everything we did on this amp was with the goal of having a great sounding AMP

Instead of using global feedback , we relied on correcting every noise , oscillation at the SOURCE. It might not sound like much (and its rather old school ) but (in my personal opinion) its groundbreaking .

So you start with a PSU that outputs uV of noise at 200W..then take a clock line aka mosfets (again 50V 5A ) and reduce noise with EMI technique used for CMOS! Every component was placed like in a tetris game and every mm was counted with the purpose of reducing parasitics.
We beat TI engineers by around 10db

Time and those golden ears will say , if our approach was correct , for SQ.

That is what I expected from Allo, and I will be waiting patiently to try these out. What is input scheme balanced or unbalanced? and if XLR will you have adapter plugs for RCA...properly wired to avoid pin 1/grounding problems.

^^ yes sir, and of course this means a new XLR Allo DAC :)

built around the ESS9038?
is that right cdsgames? if not what’s happening

Attachments

• wave2.gif
    wave2.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 383
Dont Return

Really. Thanks. I would like to return both products immediately. I will contact the dealer.

Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)

5) The manual of the BOSS2 Player is sparse. There is no proper description of the product, either on the website or in the manual. (More documentation is not neded. ALLO has provided sufficient documentation to use the product)

6) Being a newbie to the Rasberry world, I realize that I made a mistake buying the Boss2 Player with MOODE OS. I don't have music on any local drive. I wanted to use Cloud Streaming Services like Amazon Music, YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp etc., I haven't yet found a way of doing this. (In Moode, you can connect to Spotify directly, and Tidal using uPNP. Please check the Audio section of the configuration.)

7) Shanti AC cord is supplied without the Earth Pin in the plug. Defeats the very purpose of providing Ground terminals in Shanti and Boss. (It has the terminal)

My $0.02, really. Final choice is yours.

Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)

I, too, was disappointed by the quality and length of the DC cable on Shanti. However, after performing some lengthy listening tests with various DC cables including VH Audio unicrystal copper/Airlok, Duelund copper/cotton, Canare 4S6 starquad, I have actually gone back to the stock wire for my sonic preferences.

Some of the others had more detail, some more bass, some smoother, etc, but for some reason, the stranded copper in parallel stock wire seemed to straddle the nice middle ground on the Shanti. I did want a bit more bass extension and ended up doubling up on the stock wire and cutting it much shorter.

1010201815 by drjlo2, on Flickr

I appreciate the kind words. I can say that capacitance multiplier was fine tuned with stock wire. Yes we have seen increase of 1-4uv with wire change. Is it audible? It should not be.

In the end Shanti has sold around 8500 units. You can buy competitors LPS for 3x the price and 10x more noise..with thicker cables.

BTW, in about 10 days pricing of Shanti will increase by around 15$. Raw materials, copper and steel, increased a lot in the past months.

Hi, I am going to buy Allo USBridge Sig with Allo DigiOne Sig (combo in one case), and I would like to know if Moode OS 7.1.0 is fully supported? I would like to download the generic OS image from moodeaudio.org, put it to SD card ... or shoud I download image from allo site? Is there a difference?

I have also noticed the is a separate power input in the combo case for DigiOne Sig clean side. Which power plug should I use? Is it DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input?

Attachments

• 928E439A-E337-4027-81DD-933438B40355.jpeg
    928E439A-E337-4027-81DD-933438B40355.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 493