• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)

5) The manual of the BOSS2 Player is sparse. There is no proper description of the product, either on the website or in the manual. (More documentation is not neded. ALLO has provided sufficient documentation to use the product)

6) Being a newbie to the Rasberry world, I realize that I made a mistake buying the Boss2 Player with MOODE OS. I don't have music on any local drive. I wanted to use Cloud Streaming Services like Amazon Music, YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp etc., I haven't yet found a way of doing this. (In Moode, you can connect to Spotify directly, and Tidal using uPNP. Please check the Audio section of the configuration.)

7) Shanti AC cord is supplied without the Earth Pin in the plug. Defeats the very purpose of providing Ground terminals in Shanti and Boss. (It has the terminal)

My $0.02, really. Final choice is yours.

I hadn't seen this thread in a while. Thanks for your inputs, which I just now saw and do really appreciate.

I performed further listening tests and decided to keep the Shanti PS. What it did to my Topping D50s is near magic. I opened the unit and was very pleased with the construction and design. I wish the PCB were not glued to the bottom plate but I understand that it is an anti vibration measure. Would have been easier to change the cables. However, the stock cable does strike a nice tonal balance. It does provide taught, extended bass, nice shimmer on the top and cuts down on shouty mids. Very nice balance all of which is further enhanced on connecting the DAC to the Ground terminal.

I meant that the supplied AC cord does have provision, but the Earth pin is not supplied. I used another power cord, however.

That being said, I did perform listening tests with the Boss2 player. I used HD tracks test album consisting of various artistes, as well as different bit rates and sample frequencies. Some are 32 bit 384KHz.

Using Bubble Upnp, I streamed the test music from my Laptop to the Boss2 player. Amp is First Watt M2 and Fostex FE168ESigma in MLTQWT. The system acheives 26Hz in room response.

I streamed the same test music via USB Audio Pro on my Redmi Note 7 Pro, USB out to Topping D50s.

The DAC in the Allo Boss2 player is certainly no match in sound quality comparison to a much costlier stand alone DAC. It is expected, given its price. Hence, I returned the Boss2 player and got the refund too. Thanks.

I have now purchased a 8GB Rpi4. I am exploring possibilities.

Hats off to the Allo team. The Allo Shanti Dual LPS is a definite winner.

amp

I am collecting data on components lead time (and for the longest ones we will place the order next week)

Usually 12 weeks the longest lead time..

Our LLC is working now at 220W (for the past 2 weeks I was stuck at 150W). The PSU should be 275W continuous and 350 on transients .

Hi Ioan!
It is asked earlier already, I still hope you could give an estimate about price.
You can make people happy bij just giving some random idea.
Like 200 to 300 Euro or 300 to 400 Euros.
I wonder. Thanks.

Last edited:
Soundcheck , you can remove Oled board . 192Khz because that's the maximum possible on a RPI (i2s bus) in master mode.

Thx. I didn't know about the RPi limitation in master mode. I actually thought that the RPi4
increased (doubled) the clock speed in that area. Or is it a kernel driver limitation of the RPi4? Something that could be discussed with the RPI kernel team!?!?

Hmmh. Why did the Katana work in 384kHz/DSD128 then? It was also a master mode DAC, wasn't it !?!?

Anyhow.

Good to hear that the OLED board can be removed.

I'd love to see a flat-ribbon cable connection to the main board - that's how it's typically done all over the place. Simply make that OLED optional and detachable on Boss2.2. Saves some $.
Allows for slim designs and won't shield the internal Wifi.

Anyhow. One more Q.

We all know that Sabre allows and offers volume control on DSD streams.
I am wondering how the volume control on DSD is done with this Cirrus DAC!?!?

Thx

About the new dac you mentioned a few pages back. I know you said you want to keep it a secret for now but can you share a tiny bit of info? Really interested in getting a new dac to replace my old V1 Boss but I'm not in a big rush. Intended to go for a Katana initially but as the project got delayed its been meanwhile discontinued and hard/impossible to get as a result. Also I'd prefer to get something that is not at the end of its production cycle so it would be still supported for near future or replacable in case of malfunctions. As the current setup is planned for a hat dac then Revolution is not really an option. That leaves Boss2 which is for sure improvement over my V1 but I'm not sure if its great enough. Hard to take a step back from Katana.
So the point is. Is the new one going to be a hat and how is it planned to place compared to Boss2, Katana etc.
Might be a bit wrong thread but maybe someone has good suggestions on what I could use instead of Katana with similar performance/price range.

Shanti 1A rail enough for Kali reclocker?

Regards all, a brief Shanti related question...

My current transport consists of underclocked Raspberry Pi2b + Allo Kali 44/48MHz + Ian Canada TransportPi (MCLK soldered from GPIO pin 29) powered through Kali with Allo Nirvana. I use I2S HDMI output into Audio-GD R-28. Software is PiCorePlayer configured to upsample everything below to 352,8 - 384 KHz.

As I am very pleased with the resulting sound, I would like to try Allo Shanti PSU instead of Nirvana. I plan to power Pi2b with 3A Shanti rail and Kali+TransportPi with 1A rail. My question is - will 1A be enough to power Kali and TransportPi?

TransportPi documentation states that TransportPi requires a minimum of 150mA, but I do not know about Kali power requirements (with separate SBC power).

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

max2play in Germany has the Boss2 in stock.

allo Boss 2 | shop.max2play.com

Thx. I missed that. 119€.

What's really bothering me is that I have to pay for a remote, a case and a control panel
that's not needed and would land in the bin on arrival.

Please Allo, make all these goodies optional. I'd guess it's not just me who looks
for a Boss 1 - a plain HAT - replacement (upgrade).

THX