• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

The Best tube/valve sound!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!
What is the best tube/valve for preamp or line-stage i.e. that gives the best sound?
Is this a good schematics?
Why are the (1/2-6DJ8 + 1/2-6DJ8) tube/valve in this configuration (schematics) connected in parallel?
(1/2-6DJ8) + (1/2-6DJ8) in paralle.
It can be replaced 6DJ8(6922) with PCC88 and who changes that are needed in the schematics?
thank you!

Attachments

• mwpre02_line.jpg
    mwpre02_line.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,743
Last edited:
Hi Tony!
Give an opinion on this schematic or a suggestion for pain tube/valve preamplifier, line-stage or buffer.
thank you!

what is best for me may not be best for you, we are not the same person...:D

a Broskie CCDA works fine for me, i can hear no difference between it and the Aikido, both Broskie's....

the scheme shown below has a B+ of about 130volts, you can replace the diodes in the cathode of the input tube with 82 ohm resistors...
tube can be ECC88, 6922, 6dj8, etc...

PREAMP.jpg

Thank you!

what is best for me may not be best for you, we are not the same person...:D

a Broskie CCDA works fine for me, i can hear no difference between it and the Aikido, both Broskie's....

the scheme shown below has a B+ of about 130volts, you can replace the diodes in the cathode of the input tube with 82 ohm resistors...
tube can be ECC88, 6922, 6dj8, etc...

PREAMP.jpg

Tony, thanks for schematics. I have two PCC88 what changes are needed to the schematics, that is, the value of which components to change?
Do potentiometer P101 can be set to output and input to be inserted autenator R1/R2?
Thank you for your cooperation!
Cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:
I said:
DF96 said:
Perhaps he doesn't like the answers he gets, so like a politician keeps asking the same question again and again hoping for a different result.
Please do not misquote me, in red or any other colour.

Your question about the difference in using a PCC88 has been answered already in one of your other threads. The answer is also widely available on the internet. No matter how many times you ask this question you will still receive the same answer from people who know; answers from anyone else can be ignored.

Bigun said:
I don't see any problem with it, the signal ground is an artificial reference point for the circuit, you can place it pretty much anywhere you want.
No you can't. A CM choke reduces common-mode HF noise, so you need a common-mode HF noise source. Rectifier hash will be mainly differential-mode so it won't stop that. It might help with the small proportion which is common-mode, but caps can do that anyway.

A CM choke could reduce rectifier spikes getting coupled into the heater circuit via transformer winding capacitance (thanks to SY for reminding me of that) but to do that you would put the CM choke before the reservoir cap, so the cap stray capacitance to ground does not bypass the choke.

OK

I said:

Please do not misquote me, in red or any other colour.

Your question about the difference in using a PCC88 has been answered already in one of your other threads. The answer is also widely available on the internet. No matter how many times you ask this question you will still receive the same answer from people who know; answers from anyone else can be ignored.

Ok DF96, I get it, the PCC88 heater is powered with 7.6V and current of 300mA, and the ECC88 with 6.3V and current of 285mA.

thank you

Ua=160....180V??

Hi guys!
I'm interested in this line-stage from Tony that the output impedance Zout = a? and how is his gain?
Is anyone have some kind remarks about them?
What can I change for the schematic DC-voltage anod B+(Ua)=160?
Is the output can be set to a logarithmic potentiometer P101=2X22k, and at the input to ask autenat 4k7/22k?
thank you!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.