Lamborghini wrecked after 20 minutes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
My Corolla's 14 years old. It cost me $5k and runs great, never a problem.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Absolutely. We have an 03 reg 4 door Corolla. Its failed one MOT in all that time on a rear bulb...

I've had two Audi's which I can honestly say were the most unreliable vehicles I've ever owned. I got a full a refund on the last one as it was only 3 weeks old and the engine expired big time.

Went back to Toyota :) They just work.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've had two Audi's which I can honestly say were the most unreliable vehicles I've ever owned.
Interesting. In my youth I wanted an Audi and looked at many used ones. They all seemed like complete pieces of crap. I came to the conclusion that any used Audi I could afford was being fobbed off by its owner because of all the trouble. Maybe they were just built that way? Nice to know there is some consistency. :)

But would the dealer have pointed out that vital safety feature in between counting the megabucks?

Why cars like this don't come with essentially mandatory track days/training is beyond me, TBH. You'd think the manufacturers themselves would want to see the number of cases like this reduced *and* imparting some greater driver competence in its buyers? Even our Formula SAE car took a few hours to get used to (okay, that guy was probably *more* complicated to drive than a modern Lambo).

Last edited:
It’s kind of sad to see such a lovely machine mashed up like that, regardless of the circumstance. Definitely a different set of driving skills required relative to the average family sedan.
I drove a Toyota (Hilux) pickup for about 20 years with only the required maintenance (oil changes, brakes periodically, etc.) Sadly it expired in a heap of rust - this was before Toyota sorted out how to deal with road salt.

Isn't that a shifter?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.01.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.01.55 AM.png
    400 KB · Views: 226
It’s kind of sad to see such a lovely machine mashed up like that, regardless of the circumstance. Definitely a different set of driving skills required relative to the average family sedan.
I drove a Toyota (Hilux) pickup for about 20 years with only the required maintenance (oil changes, brakes periodically, etc.) Sadly it expired in a heap of rust - this was before Toyota sorted out how to deal with road salt.

Those were great little trucks, but not very good in the snow. I remember doing a couple of 360's in one of those trucks, quite unintentionally.:D

jeff

Way back Caterham made a lotus 7 replica called 'HPC' because you had to complete a high performance driving course of the same name before they would sell it to you.

High Performance Course - HOME It even had the HPC logo on the car. This didn't last long mind.

When I was a teenager in England I found a book in the local library about this course And it fascinated me so a few years ago, out of a case of nostalgia, I contacted the author and asked him where I could find a copy. I managed to track down an original copy from 1967 by tom wisdom. i’d love to take that course, although I don’t have the car for it - it would have to be one of the fast British made cars from the 1960s to really enjoy the memory.

Attachments

• 99181FBB-14F6-4151-AECD-1041FE3D41EA.jpeg
    99181FBB-14F6-4151-AECD-1041FE3D41EA.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 214
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.