Lamborghini wrecked after 20 minutes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Besides green Ferraris there are also red Porsches

Attachments

• porsche diesel.jpeg
    porsche diesel.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 189
This is a direct connection. No power steering, no power brakes, no traction control and no windscreen! The 500 in the car name refers to BHP/ton (at least until a fat git like me gets in). I had a lesser version and will have another one day...

But the shape does mean it gets hard to push through the air once you get over 100 :)

no brakes :(

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This happened about 20 miles from where I live and we arrived about 10 mins after it had happened. The air ambulance came and picked the driver and his passenger up.

They survived and the driver got subsequently banned from driving for a year. Apparently flying and driving simultaneously don’t go down too well with the authorities over here :D

YouTube

Aaand here’s another one

YouTube

Last edited:
I once watched a driver on the phone grinding the wheels along the curb to effectively create improvised steering. This worked fine until there was a side turning with a high curb at the other side.
The car went up on two wheels so that I could see the stub of the broken wheel looking across the hood of a horse box tug that was following directly behind it.
The driver was still on the phone with the accelerator set and the engine revving like crazy.
Each following driver passed by glancing at the driver of what was now a tricycle to see a perfect attachment of the phone to the zombie and declaring no assistance needed. I did the same...

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Cambridgeshire and norfolk do seem to have their share of nutters who can't spot roundabouts. I'd seen the van one before on BBC news, but the drunk woman got some impressive (and scary) air.

The comments on YouTube below the van video are hilarious.

'7/10 for take off, 2/10 for landing'

What the hell was the driver thinking?

IIRC he was only 21 or 22. Youngsters - full of brash confidence and sweet Fanny Adams for brains.

I ride a volvo V70 that`s got 487000 KM..(almost 1/2 million Km)

I loved my 1999 V70, but the black car did not like the hot and humid Florida weather. UV has turned much of the interior plastic black and many pieces had cracks. Some of the insulation on the electrical wiring had also turned brittle and developed cracks.

Every summer (rains every day) the car would do random electrical events including a complete engine shutdown while driving. It's favorite trick was for the dash to go completely dark with the trans locked into 3rd gear and engine RPM limited to about 3000. Sometimes a "rolling restart" would revive functionality, other times it wouldn't restart at all until it dried out.

A friend had a 1999 S70 also black with similar problems. He had issues with the ABS, which were finally solved by resoldering nearly every joint in the ABS controller.

I finally sold mine in 2009.

Both of our cars were made in Belgium. Some Florida owners say that the Swedish made cars fared better, others preferred the Belgian cars.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.