Lamborghini wrecked after 20 minutes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why cars like this don't come with essentially mandatory track days/training is beyond me, TBH. You'd think the manufacturers themselves would want to see the number of cases like this reduced *and* imparting some greater driver competence in its buyers? Even our Formula SAE car took a few hours to get used to (okay, that guy was probably *more* complicated to drive than a modern Lambo).

I've heard it commented regarding certain modern day motorcycles you can simply purchase off the showroom floor, there's just a handful of people in any given country properly qualified to drive.

However if the measure of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you - and you have that kind of money - who's to stand in your way? Except the proverbial Oak tree...

...it would have to be one of the fast British made cars from the 1960s to really enjoy the memory.

That would be an easy choice for from all cars that would fit the bill:

Jensen FF
Although I'm not sure if that book would be much use given that the FF has permanent 4 wheel drive and anti-lock brakes on top of the standard auto box.
It has a permanent place in my dream garage though.
The only British car in it.

Jensen FF
Although I'm not sure if that book would be much use given that the FF has permanent 4 wheel drive and anti-lock brakes on top of the standard auto box.

no E-type ?

Jensen FF

Naa, E-Type, even Enzo complimented it:)

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Contemporaneous Hondas were much worse...

The 2001 Accord is doing fine, except for the $0.10/ft brake and fuel lines. Even the place where someone scraped the side is not rusting through the undercoat.

The 1996 Odyssey is doing OK with ***

* Taillight "seals" are cardboard, let rain in, which ran down into the rear well. When we brought it home from my bro in NYC it sloshed, you could wash a dog back there. Bro had filled with bubblewrap so he could carry stuff. I drilled to let the lake out, then gooped the taillights so they were tight.

* Maybe related: damp high inside the rear side panels sits on top of the wheel arch and rots it down through the door jam. I filled it with spray-foam, taped over with aluminum ducttape, and sprayed a near-stock color. It's about time to invest another $10 and re-do.

* brake line/valve. In Maine this is a one-time thing on anything except Volvo. We replace the 5-year galvanized tubing with an alloy that lasts forever. (The valve is odd to the Odyssey and we don't know if it failed or just had rust indigestion.)

I've had much younger cars we could throw cats through the floorboard, patched with barbecue grill scrap, still falling apart.

Last edited:
Joe, If you have 7 minutes, here's the tribute at the arena:
YouTube

Thanks, Cal, I watched it. Once upon a time I was 21 and had a motorcycle too. Hit a car with it; lucky for me the car was going in the same direction - and the bike was a mild 450cc. As I recall, I was driving it like an ***hole.

I anticipated his next move by his left turn signal; "I'll slip past on his right". He turned right and there I was. He later told me he owned both properties on opposite sides of the road, changed his mind as to which driveway to pull into at the last moment. Lucky I walked away after a brief sail over his el-camino's front hood.

For those who don’t lust after an E-type, I’ve read that weight lifting can increase testosterone levels :D

I already lift weights, and I lust after something that will lay rubber.:D

jeff

Attachments

• 69Z28.jpg
    69Z28.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 198
This was my new car after a druggie passed out and crossed over three lanes to hit me. Although I was able to get out right after the accident in case it caught fire I did spend some time recovering. Referred to these days as my year off.

As there was a gasoline tank truck behind me with a video camera. The police report after looking at it mentioned my reactions were surprisingly fast and had the other fellow survived he would have been charged.

So it is possible to wreck a new car through no fault of the driver.

Btw unsurprisingly a drug addict driver had no insurance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Jensen FF

Body designed by an Italian company (Brazilian inspired) with an American engine and transmission;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.