The Black Hole......

So, the intent was to take revenge, that is it turned personal.

There was no revenge, only an effort to point out hypocrisy. No legit high end audio designer gets rich, there are business expenses there too. Sure, there are crooks in the audio business just like in other businesses, but not everyone is a crook. Probably the same for semiconductor manufacturing, except the executives might get rich. Why is it then that the audio designers can understand why opamps might sell for a seemingly high price, but to opamp designers high end audio is all a rip off. They are the ones who are willfully blind to other people's legitimate business realities.

Last edited:
There was no revenge, only an effort to point out hypocrisy. No legit high end audio designer gets rich, there are business expenses there too. Sure, there are crooks in the audio business just like in other businesses, but not everyone is a crook. Probably the same for semiconductor manufacturing, except the executives might get rich.
You're right about most of that.

Probably most successful audio business down this way is Rode Microphones.
Made in Australia. I believe they now do over 1 million mics / year.

I can tell you he (Peter) got there through a lot of d@mn hard work.

TCD

Sure, there are crooks in the audio business just like in other businesses, but not everyone is a crook. Probably the same for semiconductor manufacturing, except the executives might get rich. Why is it then that the audio designers can understand why opamps might sell for a seemingly high price, but to opamp designers high end audio is all a rip off. They are the ones who are willfully blind to other people's legitimate business realities.

Somehow I don't see any crooks in the semiconductor industry, but mostly people working hard to push the limits of technology. Of course, nobody qualifies as an angel, but charging $5 extra for an op amp with datasheet and guaranteed performance and charging $10,000 extra for a piece of garbage audio with a rubber stamped "high end audio" brand look different to me.