Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
My relative became vegan about 10 years ago.She was very beautiful in the past and her skin became darker and darker and she withered up(i do not know if i have written true verb) IMHO people may eat some meat once a month to become healtier.Otherwise there may be some health problems.(AFAIK there are some aminoacids,vitamins and other components that can not be synthesized in our body and they should be got from animals)

Skin darkening, wrinkly, she's pre-diabetic and not eating enough protein. Very easy to do on a vegan diet.

I won't go into the ethical arguments, but on biological level we are omnivores with a big preference for plant based food. I have friends who are biologist who say our natural dieet should be 98% plant based, 2% animal based. We can easely live from plants alone, but not from meat.

I was raised by a vegan mother (vegan since 1981) and a (biological) meat eating father, both hippies btw who farmed the biggest part of their own food. I learned from their education that it's more important to eat biologic organic food, than only this or that, and that variation is the best. Now i eat once or twice a week a little bit of meat and i do drink milk and eat butter and cheese (but all organic), and the rest of my food is organic vegan. I eat no fastfood or supermarket prepared food. That's how i feel the best...

I don't know how you can make these generalisations. There are people out there who cannot eat meat (whether it's psychosomatic or not, either way, they cannot eat meat) and there are people out there to get very sick eating most vegetables (they eat ONLY meat, and yes, there is vitamin C in fresh meat). Making predictions of a vegan utopia is just silly.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Sorry Rex, I've had people brow beat me with the stuff for decades. Usually it just goes back to some study funded by the meat institute or BBQ fan club or some such thing. I'm tired of it. It's all a lot of wishful talk and speculation, with no real long term data to back it up. I lived the vegan diet for 10 years, and a low animal protein diet for another 30. None of the claimed systems ever affected me. I'm no better or worse off than average.

I wasted 20 years trying to give it a fair shake. I don't do it any more. It's like cable threads, after a while you give up.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yeah, that one has always puzzled me.

People like to complain about pushy/preachy vegans, just just wait until your on the other side. The amount of aggression and number of unprovoked insults is amazing. Just from saying "sorry, I don't eat meat." That simple statement can unleash a storm of scorn. The good natured ribbing I don't mind (tho it gets boring) - the crazy rants and attempts to correct my "dangerous/ridiculous" behavior I can do without.

I lived the vegan diet for 10 years, and a low animal protein diet for another 30. None of the claimed systems ever affected me. I'm no better or worse off than average.

I wasted 20 years trying to give it a fair shake. I don't do it any more. It's like cable threads, after a while you give up.

There is no such things as the perfect diet for everyone, that's for sure. It annoys me that government or quasi-government institutions can make dietary guidelines that everyone is meant to follow (resulting in an obesity epidemic). We are all different. Figure out your diet for yourself and ignore experts.

Saturated fats have also been blamed for causing heart disease and generally being bad for you and this has been a major reason why many people have given up eating meat and animal products.Except in more recent overviews there seem to be very little evidence to support this claim.Consumption of this type of food is now considered neutral.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...t/51/15/1111&usg=AOvVaw06-pb3DOFK07hfLs2sZXZa

The facts: every kg of high quality animal protein deprives a human being of 0.6 kg of low quality plant protein (plus a whole lot of protein than a human can do nothing with).

More fuel for the food/feed debate | Feedipedia

All protein comes from plants. When you eat animals you are eating second hand plant protein. Or third hand if you eat the flesh of a carnivore.

World health organisation states that processed meat is classified as Group 1, carcinogenic to humans. And red meat classified as Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans.

WHO | Q&A on the carcinogenicity of the consumption of red meat and processed meat

The protein debate has been played again and again, similar to the "you can't get calcium without having dairy" debate. As I've said before, there has been found to be a higher incidence of osteoporosis in countries where they consume more dairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.