Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturated fats have also been blamed for causing heart disease and generally being bad for you and this has been a major reason why many people have given up eating meat and animal products.Except in more recent overviews there seem to be very little evidence to support this claim.Consumption of this type of food is now considered neutral.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...t/51/15/1111&usg=AOvVaw06-pb3DOFK07hfLs2sZXZa
I watched a video back in 2014 about how we have been misinformed by the government for decades because a doctor named Ancel Keys published a cherry picked data to fit his preconceived notion about saturated fat. Since then the obesity rate went up and heart disease rate went up even when saturated fat consumption went down. The notion that saturated fat being bad has been debunked recently. It's what we (humans) have been eating for tens of if not hundreds of thousands of years. It's an important nutrient that human body needs.

All protein comes from plants. When you eat animals you are eating second hand plant protein. Or third hand if you eat the flesh of a carnivore.
Your point is...? BTW, you forgot to count the seafood. Little fishes feed on plankton, then bigger fishes or humans eat them, then even bigger fishes or humans eat those fishes.

World health organisation states that processed meat is classified as Group 1, carcinogenic to humans. And red meat classified as Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans.
Probably? Perhaps there is work cut out for you to find out.
The protein debate has been played again and again, similar to the "you can't get calcium without having dairy" debate. As I've said before, there has been found to be a higher incidence of osteoporosis in countries where they consume more dairy.
The source of this info can be found where?

I watched a video back in 2014 about how we have been misinformed by the government for decades because a doctor named Ancel Keys published a cherry picked data to fit his preconceived notion about saturated fat. Since then the obesity rate went up and heart disease rate went up even when saturated fat consumption went down. The notion that saturated fat being bad has been debunked recently. It's what we (humans) have been eating for tens of if not hundreds of thousands of years. It's an important nutrient that human body needs.

Saturated fat is not an essential nutrient. Processed oils, dairy, and meat damages endothelial cell walls - and when this happens inflammation starts, then a lesion forms, cholesterol comes in to patch it up. Eventually a blood clot breaks off and enters the heart causing a heart attack.

Last edited:
Saturated fat is not an essential nutrient. Saturated fat damages endothelial cell walls - and when this happens inflammation starts, then a lesion forms, cholesterol comes in to patch it up. Eventually a blood clot breaks off and enters the heart causing a heart attack.
Look up LDL and HDL. They are both cholesterol but do different things and found in saturated fat.

I changed my post to be more accurate.

You can see here where I got my information from:
ABOUT DR. ESSELSTYN
Saturated fat has been falsely accused of being a cause of heart disease. There has been no direct link of the two found, only speculations. Again, look up LDL and HDL. They are both cholesterol but do different things and found in saturated fat.

World health organisation states that processed meat is classified as Group 1, carcinogenic to humans. And red meat classified as Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans.

The result of a so-called-study that lumps all processed meats in together, manipulates the study groups that best illustrate the agenda of those funding the study, magnifies the absolute risk to relative and makes the fundamental mistake of thinking that correlation is causation. Stupid valueless study.

Saturated fat is not an essential nutrient. Processed oils, dairy, and meat damages endothelial cell walls - and when this happens inflammation starts, then a lesion forms, cholesterol comes in to patch it up. Eventually a blood clot breaks off and enters the heart causing a heart attack.

This is not what happens. Read up on the latest research.

Saturated fat is a wide group of fatty acids, some of which are essential. What do you think your brain is made of? Hint, protein and cholesterol.

Vegans point the finger at dairy products for using a lot of water but then substitute almond milk that uses more and they wear cotton clothes and cotton is a massive user of irrigation water compared to wool .
They also ignore the important role farm animals play in the production of vegetables and cereals-especially in providing fertiliser and utilising weed species which accompany food crops.Especially important in subsistence agriculture .Using livestock as part of a farming system increases efficiency, productivity and sustainability of plant based food production .

Its oxidised cholesterol that causes the problems. Im well aware of the function of cholesterol in the body. I'm not convinced dietary cholesterol is needed for optimal health. The body makes all it needs.
I guess you didn't look up LDL and HDL. They are both cholesterol but do different things and found in saturated fat. It's your loss (of knowledge).

Status
Not open for further replies.