Veganism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live lupins are an important crop because they form part of the crop rotation ,provide nitrogen for following cereal and canola crops so reduce the usage of chemical nitrogern fertilisers and they perfectly suit the soil types and climate.Lupins are used as a premium livestock feed.They are not really suited to human consumption although attempts have been made to find ways of using them.
So take away the demand for livestock feed and the whole farming system will become less sustainable and less efficient.

There are a great many of these sorts of complexities and interactions in food production that veganism fails to acknowledge.

What kind of data? I'm asking because there are all sorts of them, some are phony, some are profit / funding driven, some are actually useful.

Preferably data from research that has not been funded by an industry with a conflict of interest.

I see your point though, its very hard for people to make an informed decision with all the misinformation floating around.

Sorry to be pedantic but as I hope you're aware my interest in the subject is both personal and I'm fascinated about people's motivations, that's why I've asked questions and got into "trouble" here and elsewhere ;) I think the whole idea of veganism raises interesting questions and hopefully solutions to many problems

No problem.

Veganism certainly has been gaining attention all over the world. You see a lot more vegan food options in supermarkets, restaurants, etc.

One other motivation for me was the curiosity about whether I could cure my hypertension - which I was on medication for, for 17 years. I'm pleased to say that I am off my medication and ailments are gone. I'm not saying a vegan diet is automatically healthier - as I mentioned before. I went the "whole food plant based" path, limiting processed foods, which worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.