The Weather

We have had rain all day here in the UK.
I went out in the car and there was plenty of water to splash through.

Attachments

• Rain.png
    Rain.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 126
It is now in the news.
Sheffield flooding: Hundreds of people left stranded in Meadowhall shopping centre | London Evening Standard

We crossed the river Doe Lea, one of the rivers that feed the river Don about 10 miles upstream of Sheffield by the site of a long ago demolished old rust belt factory that used to be called Coalite Chemicals. The flooding had risen up into what remains of the drains making the air smell of vintage weed killer.

Scroll down to dioxin contamination to see what interesting historic things they used to make there.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Coalite - Wikipedia

The weather station.
Live Weather

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Sn*w is crossing the coast of Maine at the moment. Falls as fluffy ice but melts instantly because it is several degrees above freezing in air and on ground. Dunno if it has enough energy to dust Nova Scotia tomorrow.

Weather Service is confused, calling it "unknown precip". (I think I am reading the unattended weather box at the small airport and it isn't smart enuff to tell what is falling.)

Attachments

• 7Nov2019-10pm.gif
    7Nov2019-10pm.gif
    43 KB · Views: 108

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
We had sn*w falling all night. Still sn*wing this AM but no accumulation or even damp in my dooryard. Drove over the Island and cresting the foothill we saw Mount Cadillac was white-topped! (very thinly) And bits of white in the shadows of the foothill. Back to my place and I found bits of ice on a board and a blueberry leaf in deep woods.

The Corgi is very disappointed.

We had sn*w falling all night. Still sn*wing this AM but no accumulation or even damp in my dooryard. Drove over the Island and cresting the foothill we saw Mount Cadillac was white-topped! (very thinly) And bits of white in the shadows of the foothill. Back to my place and I found bits of ice on a board and a blueberry leaf in deep woods.

The Corgi is very disappointed.

Well, in the end we DID get snow today...eventually. No accumulation though. Tonight it's mid 20s and supposed to go lower. Days this weekend will be close to 50F.

I took pictures of clouds like that some years ago. Thread about it here.
Actual rainbow clouds!

BEAUTYFUL!

Thank you very much!

They can also be seen at noon. ;)

Is it possible that the atmosphere is changing? Increased ions, plasma, receiving different kind of Sun Rays?

Have you seen Aureora Borealis?
Do you know Birkland currents?

So many questions, so little time. :D

Cheers,
M.