What are you drinking?

1.2 liters of good old Mexican Vienna Lager.

20200824-173641.jpg" alt="20200824-173641

Never heard of 1.20, seem to remember we used to have 1.25 though.
Nowadays we have mostly bought 0.5 and 1 liter bottles, but we recently purchased a sodastream.
It's not that we drink much soda, 0.5 liters is usually enough for both me, my wife and two daughters. They do not even ask about it unless we mention it would be nice to have a small glass after dinner on on a saturday.
On weekdays it is banned unless there is a special occasion.

The sodastream is nice to have because we can quickly make a lot of soda if the kids get visitors in the weekends, and if we have a social gathering.

The best ginger beer you will ever have comes from a dark and mysterious corner of Surrey BC Canada where they know no limits when it comes to the fresh ginger used. They will adjust the cane sugar (or any other sweetener) to taste, and the tang comes from a variety of sources including, lemon, lime, grapefruit, or WHY according to your's or the brewmaster's taste. It is also available in any level of effervescence you desire. It can be made very pleasant of around 50lbs (think Perrier) or up to 200lbs of pressure that will damage your colon, it's your choice. It is available only in 18 litre batches and you must bring your own bottles, pre-sterilized. I recommend it but it is not for sale. I think you know where this is going. Yes it's delicious but not enough could be made to keep up with demand and besides, I already have a job. :)

Arrrgh!

Dealing with the threat of fire, staying inside, due to the unhealthy smoke, with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson for the past week called for something special to drink. So I opened a bottle of 2014 Far Niente Chardonnay to take the edge off. Unfortunately it is a corked bottle!!!

It's now undergoing the polyethylene treatment to see if it can be salvaged. I'm unsure because the level of TCA is pretty high. Thankfully I placed 2 bottles in the fridge. :D

Sucess!!! After soaking for 1 hour in a bowl with 3 strips of approximately 16 inch long polyethylene, the trichloroanisole was undetectable, rescuing a delicious bottle of wine. :cool:

I'm very sensitive to TCA and have tried this procedure several times with mixed results. This time, instead of stuffing a single piece in the bottle, I poured the wine in a bowl and layered in the polyethylene making sure the entire surface was covered in wine.

Better living through chemistry! :D

The best ginger beer you will ever have comes from a dark and mysterious corner of Surrey BC Canada where they know no limits when it comes to the fresh ginger used. They will adjust the cane sugar (or any other sweetener) to taste, and the tang comes from a variety of sources including, lemon, lime, grapefruit, or WHY according to your's or the brewmaster's taste. It is also available in any level of effervescence you desire. It can be made very pleasant of around 50lbs (think Perrier) or up to 200lbs of pressure that will damage your colon, it's your choice. It is available only in 18 litre batches and you must bring your own bottles, pre-sterilized. I recommend it but it is not for sale. I think you know where this is going. Yes it's delicious but not enough could be made to keep up with demand and besides, I already have a job. :)

That ginger beer sounds delicious.

In Jamaica they drink Ting ginger beer. It is so refreshing in the hot weather. It has that sharp ginger taste when you drink it. You get it anywhere in Jamaica. I bet you can get it in Canada.