And what did we buy today?

A pair of unknown Norwegian speakers at the local fleamarket.
100 NKr. To my surprise they had vintage Peerless drivers:)!
Tweeters: DT 10HFC.
Bass: 25 cm peerless without any numbers on them. Cannot find anything online. Quite heavy with solid rubber surrounds.

Tweeters only are on dale on fleapay for 2900 NKr!! Wow.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A Kenwood KT-8005 tuner in good condition.

The owner decided he couldn't live with it any more and to ship it back would cost him another $50. So I gave him what he asked for it, which was a realistic value for that tuner in the condition it was in as determined by a third party without anything to gain or lose.

It does look nice when it is lit up. Sounds pretty good and an alignment will boost it's performance. I needed another tuner like I needed a hole in my head, but this way he's out of it and can move on. I get to do the service the tuner needs and enjoy it.

-Chris

A Kenwood KT-8005 tuner in good condition.

The owner decided he couldn't live with it any more and to ship it back would cost him another $50.
-Chris
Its good to keep some of this old tech running and not taken to the tip.

I have a few old Maplin amps.
1/ Maplin 50 watt hi fi amplifier 1980.
2/ Maplin 75 watt lateral mosfet amplifier 1980.
3/ Maplin 225 watt "disco" bi polar amplifier 1980.
The lateral amp was bought as a parts kit a year or so ago and was still new in packaging. I built it up and it worked great.
I have a amplifier test rig and often wire them up to that and they all still work very well.

Brand new set of replacement membrane switch panels for my Chroma Polaris II synthesizer! :santa2:
rhodes_chroma_polaris_angle.jpg

These 2 large switch panels make up the whole control panel for this instrument. They tend to develop cracks in the ribbon "tails" that connect to the electronics, rendering the panels either partially or fully inoperative. There have been various procedures out there for repairing them, but it's pretty sketchy since the old plastic material is so brittle & fragile. Mine has been broken for about 10 years now, languishing in the closet.

Now, after these things have been out of production for 35 or so years, one of the original developers has swooped in like some kind of superhero and commissioned a run of new replacement panels, essentially raising from dead these classic synthesizers! Yee haw!

Accidently :)headbash:) managed to wind two bids on vintage cameras.
One was the Italian Bencini Comet (got one with broken shutter - will be turned into a lamp) and an Italian Ferrania Ibis 44.
Both aimed for 127 roll film, but I got some rolls and am adjusting the backing paper from 120 film to suit the 127-rolls in order to use 135 film.

The headbanger is due to the fact I had to pay a $200 fee for speeding a few weeks ago and I am very close to red figures on my bank account ....

But I'm cheap, and that causes me to learn all kinds of things.
What a profound statement. About 20 years ago there was an article in QST magazine titled something like, 'Ham Radio on $100 per Year'. The author's whole point was in demonstrating the inherent value in learning by making do with what he could scrounge, rather than by throwing money at the hobby. Very enlightening.

A mint condition BGW 300 amp for $35 on my way home from work. Haven’t been able to find a schematic, but it’s very close to a 250. I’ve changed the decoupling arrangement for the op amps, and the input/feedback caps, is sounding very good.

Also found a Nakamichi PA5 for $50 just now, but will have to let that one go to someone else, is a longer drive.