TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

Here's mine.

B&C 18SW115

Attachments

• 11025289_1013915468636154_1803604938425991829_o.jpg
    11025289_1013915468636154_1803604938425991829_o.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 590
When I ordered mine from parts express the shipping had gone way down from what was more than the cost of the drivers. Also since I live in a remote area, shipping large items within Australia is also still expensive so parts express becomes even more viable. If you live anywhere close to civilization try krix but for me I think I saved $300 due to stupid shipping costs.

So I took the pair into clipping territory on a FP14000 amp and they held up ok without anything sounding abnormal! I did the phase alignment trick with a sine wave and was very surprised it did not really need much of any delay. I cut things short because I do have neighbors and boy do these get loud. I did make the mistake of being in a rush and adjusting the processing right behind them so my ears did not adjust well from that. I will save my judgments until I use them for a pool party on Sunday.

I did have a brain wave to use them like in this picture as part of the front of a small DJ stage/riser locking into the top hat holes with a sheet of timber and some extra feet at the back.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
So I was thinking of picking up an XLS amp to pair with one th18 and a pair of small pole mounted tops for dry hire. Would an xls2000 1000~w bridged be ok to use without a high pass filter and if not then any of the xls or what wattage?

You're going to need to run a HPF. Considering almost all systems bigger than a pub rig need a processor, the XLS series processor is useless considering it doesn't do a band pass configuration of both HPF and LPF at the same time.

If you're going for value for money with these things, because of the material expenses, cabinet hardware (done right), paint, time, it's more economical to buy an expensive driver and have less cabs, but it means you'll need an amp that's happy driving the specs of an 18sw115!

Yep so HPF is a must then I take it. I will have a look at that I nuke. Its more just for use with a single sub for small gigs and not have to drag along my full amp rack.

Thanks,

Only about 20ppl turned up for the gig today but I had heaps of fun and having nice audio was the icing on the cake. I love these bad boys!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yep so HPF is a must then I take it. I will have a look at that I nuke. Its more just for use with a single sub for small gigs and not have to drag along my full amp rack.

I think the iNuke 6000 DSP is basically two iNuke 3000DSPs bridged to provide two channels of output. You therefore cannot bridge its output channels, so if you only have one sub, you can only use one channel of the iNuke 6000DSP to drive it. So, if you're going to use one sub, then using an iNuke 3000DSP with its output bridged should produce basically the same results.

I like both amps for what they're capable of doing at their price point. Cheap and light enough too to walk with one or two spares just in case you let the magic smoke out of them.