Keystone Sub Using 18, 15, & 12 Inch Speakers

Here's some pictures of the 2 setups this weekend. The 8 stack was only running on 1 20A circuit so we couldn't get into it too much. Even so, the police came to say hi after around a dozen noise complaints from neighbors over a half mile away. Kinda crazy for taking place at one of the biggest live music venues in the city. They were very nice and even complimented the sound.

The setup with 6 I had 3 20A circuits which allowed me to run all out, and simply put, it was devastating. It felt as if the building itself was breathing, utterly insane.

Attachments

• 20210827_172505.jpg
    20210827_172505.jpg
    990.1 KB · Views: 391
  • 20210826_195238.jpg
    20210826_195238.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 381
Hi
Really great reading in this post
I have a few Newbie questions
First
What’s the smallest driver that can be used ?

Second
What plans ( if any ) will work with the Dayton audio HO line of drivers ( I have two 12” )

Thirdly
I have a Dayton 15” driver ( Dayton Audio UM15-22 15" Ultimax )

What plans are out there for any of these driver

Howdy, neighbor Carl!

Smallest drivers I've tried were 2xLAB 12", about equal Sd of an 18". Multiple smaller drivers could work too, if the TS parameters fit what is needed.
There is some latitude available by changing the Keystone exit dimensions to adjust response.

My PC died after my third move in Florida, so have not run Hornresp myself for a few years, so can't tell you what to expect with your drivers in the Keystone.

You would best try plugging the TS parameters of your drivers into Hornresp to see if the simulation looks viable. The original post has the listings for the Keystone plans (post #487) and Hornresp inputs (post #96 and 130).

Dayton lists the usual bass reflex or sealed volumes for their drivers, you could make them pretty much any shape you'd like.

Frankly, for home use, I'd recommend using the three drivers in separate cabinets spread around the room
Multiple Small Subs - Geddes Approach
rather than a large single tapped horn.

Cheers,
Art

BP1Fanatic,

The exit area of the Keystone mouth varies with distance from both "tap" locations, and the mouth area center is not at the terminus of either tap.

"Square up the exit area" and the Hornresp model is not representative of the actual Keystone design, though close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades or rock and roll ;^).

AKABAK software may be able to model the Keystone more accurately.

Art

Howdy, neighbor Carl!

Smallest drivers I've tried were 2xLAB 12", about equal Sd of an 18". Multiple smaller drivers could work too, if the TS parameters fit what is needed.
There is some latitude available by changing the Keystone exit dimensions to adjust response.

My PC died after my third move in Florida, so have not run Hornresp myself for a few years, so can't tell you what to expect with your drivers in the Keystone.

You would best try plugging the TS parameters of your drivers into Hornresp to see if the simulation looks viable. The original post has the listings for the Keystone plans (post #487) and Hornresp inputs (post #96 and 130).

Dayton lists the usual bass reflex or sealed volumes for their drivers, you could make them pretty much any shape you'd like.

Frankly, for home use, I'd recommend using the three drivers in separate cabinets spread around the room
Multiple Small Subs - Geddes Approach
rather than a large single tapped horn.

Cheers,
Art

Thanks for the info. What part of Florida are you in ?