hafler dh-200 rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, if the Pass magic includes circuit boards, I will do my best to set up a group buy- with his permission of course!

What a contribution to DIY if he can come up with something that uses the case, sinks, AND transformer.

You can always put an inductor after the diode bridge to get the
volts down to .9 of the transformer volts, but I don't think that's low enough....

Or he uses a new transformer- in which case yours might be suddenly VERY desireable ;)

Well, I don't know diddly about electronics, but after looking through the Hafler manual, and checking a bit on the web, I'm going to start looking for "one side dead" amps cheap. Gonna go over to a friend's place and get on his mill, and make a pair of aluminum monoblock enclosures, stick a big ol' toroid in each, some good connects, etc., and transplant the innards. Yeah, they probably won't be "better" than the originals, but they'll look good...

I have an old DH-200 that needs a rebuild. What I would love to see is a kit with an updated circuit driver board that uses modern output devices. THe only thing that would be kept on the donor DH-200 would be the chassis and transformer. Perhaps a variation of the Honey Badger that uses 4 output devices instead of 6.

Hi! I have a DH220 that I modded! first I changed the PS caps to 1,8000uf Nippons .
Then I changed the electrolytic cap, there are 6 of them I put very high quality in place !
Next , I replaced the blue 2 blue film caps with Musical concepts ! New rca inputs , new power cord , and paint. Now wile the PS caps are so much better then stock and sound so much nicer , PS caps will loose of the high end freq. , so you can add some high quality bypass caps to them ! In return you will gain more upper end detail!
I set the bias high at around 310ma, I dont listen to my music laud ! If you do ? I would set it at around 275ma witch is stock!
My amp sound very smooth , and worm ! Im sure it will improve over time after burn inn! Total cost on mod ,98.bucks! Now the amp will have another 20 years !

Attachments

• IMGP0202.jpg
    IMGP0202.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMGP0203.jpg
    IMGP0203.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP0205.jpg
    IMGP0205.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 124
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.