Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

A60(+) Amplifier. Build this?
A60(+) Amplifier. Build this?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2021, 03:32 PM   #91
vmk2002 is offline vmk2002  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

(((
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shematic.jpg (366.9 KB, 78 views)
Old 11th June 2021, 09:06 PM   #92
Berlusconi is offline Berlusconi
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmk2002 View Post
(((
Hi,
There is no need to connect ground with 12VAC input for speaker protection. Also, there is no need to connect +-36VAC to the input ground. Remove connections 7-10-GND-GND.
Rather verify quality of these "ELNA" capacitors. It is very likely they are fake.
Old 11th June 2021, 09:51 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
(((
Also, note that connections from your schematics denoted with "0" are not "ground". Especially connections of input ground to 5 and 10 are dangerous because they carry 12VAC - not "zero".
PS: I hope you used bulb current limiter during this "experiments".

Last edited by Berlusconi; 11th June 2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old 13th June 2021, 04:26 PM   #94
vmk2002 is offline vmk2002  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hi Berlusconi. Everything that I depicted on the PCB PowerAmp 1 and 2 board I measured with a multimeter on my boards. Do you also have 0 and GND connections inside the boards? By the way, do you have 2 power transformers? I also want to ask you how you connected the input signal to the PCB PowerAmp from the RCA inputs and what connections you made for the RCA connectors. Have you used a shielded cable?
Old 13th June 2021, 06:53 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranigma View Post
Your measurement seems done at 5V/div so slew rate must be around 30/1.25=24 V/uS right? Have you managed to sim or measure THD at 1kHz and 20kHz respectively? Can put some more measurement data please? Did you manage to sim phase margin, open loop stability etc?
Grounding within the board is fine - don't worry about that. Properly connected board may easily attain noise below -100 dB. All you have to do is to connect according to the published schematics. I am using capacitance multiplier for power supply (to do this I have bypassed internal rectifier) and I have my own 2X4X20.000 uF capacitors in place of these (probably) fake "ELNA". I have purchased a board without the "ELNA" capacitors and likely generic power transistors and purchased these parts from Farnell. Connect input with shielded cables and keep transformers as far as possible from the input cabling and keep input cables as short as possible. Important: you have to connect input with quality DAC, preamplifier or player. Otherwise there will be hum if you leave input just disconnected.
Remember, use current limiter or variac and never leave the amplifier turned overnight before you find optimal quiescent current for your amplifier.
Cheers and pleasant Sunday evening.
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Berlusconi. Everything that I depicted on the PCB PowerAmp 1 and 2 board I measured with a multimeter on my boards. Do you also have 0 and GND connections inside the boards? By the way, do you have 2 power transformers? I also want to ask you how you connected the input signal to the PCB PowerAmp from the RCA inputs and what connections you made for the RCA connectors. Have you used a shielded cable?
This could be very helpful:
http://hifisonix.com/wordpress/wp-co...ng-Hum-1-1.pdf
  Reply to this post

A60(+) Amplifier. Build this?Hide this!Advertise here!