Sansui 5000a help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I think I may have stumbled onto something. I found a pic online of another board like mine and look at the resistor differences just under the F-1040-1 logo. My board is the one missing the transistors and those resistors under the logo have obviously been replaced. They match the parts list for the 1040 board I have but this other board has completely different values for R818, 819, 822. If I can find a parts list for a 1040-1, I bet I could make some progress.

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 97
  • other.JPG
    other.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 98
Got it! So no parts were bad in this case, just the wrong resistors were replaced prior to me getting a hold of it, and yes a previous tech installed the same wrong resistors on both boards. So for whoever reads this in the future here it goes. My version of the 1040-1 board does not match the version of the schematic online. For instance my print for the 1040-1 board shows R824 as 3.3 ohms but my board labels this resistor as R818 and it needs to 150 ohms. Furthermore my print labels R820 as 4.7 but my board calls it R822. To further complicate this matter the previous tech installed the values for a F-1040 board which are all different all together.

So if you have my version of the F-1040-1 board:
R818 (print labeled R824) = 150 ohms
R822 (print labeled R820) = 4.7ohms
R819 = 100 ohms

Also my board was missing C810 which the print shows but it does not have a label for. It is 70pF.

Luckily I was able to find some pics online clear enough to make out the values of these resistors. The previous tech likely worked on this pre-internet and the parts were likely burned up. All they had to go on was likely an old service manual for a 5000A showing the F-1040 boards. They never stood a chance. Thank you for all your help in getting me this far. This one had me stumped.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.