Pizzicato, a 200W low distortion CFA amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know what to say anymore...
I think I should admit defeat and move on and take advantage of my ignore list.
I do not think the reader was interested in personal remarks about my character and your opinions about who you imagined I'am.
There are specialized forums on psychology or comics books for this, and sorry, but this is not what I or any lurker/contributor expected here.

I do not understand why you persisted on this ground, instead of answering the technical questions that I asked you, only ones "on topic".
Specially about the real impact of the "error correction" on the listening experience you said to had experienced in the past.

Apart from free value judgments, unsupported by convincing arguments or datas and obviously intended to settle personal grievances against my person, it seems that the latest version of this amp is no longer subject to criticism and suggestions for improvements.

Regarding the results obtained by the simulations, they seem to me at least ... encouraging.
Specially concerning distortions levels IRL.

Since these are only simulations, it is possible that some slight changes in the values ​​of some components may be necessary "on the bench", as usual.
But all the precautions were taken to make the finalization easy, without the need of modifications of the structure of the future circuit board.

I take this opportunity to thank again all the contributors who helped to improve this amplifier project in a positive way.

And even those who did it in a critical or aggressive way, a forum's disease, as far as it had led to improvements.

I would have preferred to discuss good sources on AC transformers and other components and the best possible stabilized supply for the input stages + VAS. I will make a proposal when the amp will be under the soldering iron.

The only thing interesting, after this, will be to discover ... how it will behave and sound once build.

Last edited:
Hi Tournesol, can you also show the 100 or 150 Watts version of your amp? The 200 Watts maybe too much for me and maybe others are more interested on the lower wattage since it will be more cheaper to build. What would be the changes on the amp components and biasing?

Thanks for sharing your design. Hopefully will soon see a working amp from your end.

Hi Tournesol, can you also show the 100 or 150 Watts version of your amp? The 200 Watts maybe too much for me and maybe others are more interested on the lower wattage since it will be more cheaper to build. What would be the changes on the amp components and biasing?

Thanks for sharing your design. Hopefully will soon see a working amp from your end.
Thank for your interest, fredlock. Give-me, please 3 or 4 days to look at it, I'm quite busy on other things, those days.
Do-you have a prefered PSU voltage ?
No major changes expected. Only two power devices and some passive components values.

Last edited:
50 - 63Vdc, since I already have those available.
Ok, it gonna use the same printed board. (Krisfr, any news ?). 2 power fets with 50V, 3 with 63V on each rail. Works as-it, but can be optimised with very few resistances values changes.
I dont have the time, right now, to makes all the simulations (tempco etc) but, with the few i',ve done, it looks OK.

hi,
guys any updates, even though i love to volunteer,it way above my skill and understanding,i was hooked to low distortion amplifier design
Krisfr is working on the printed board. After this we'll have to design the PSUs, find best parts and sources for them... Have some prototypes tortured on the bench, measurements, improvements in real life ....Still a lot of work on the way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.