Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Oops, have I made a mistake--- in Zman01 BOM R108 is listed as 470ohm but in the circuit diagram it states 47R0 ( does that mean 47 or 470 ohm ). I have fitted 470 ohm but not so sure now. What should it be?
Regards
Alan

****, made the same mistake! I had 47ohm's at my hands when filling pcb's, was wondering where I supposed to place them, took a look at BOM and replaced with 470ohm's :D thanks for bringing it up!

I just ordered 100 of those alumina spacers for TO3P (20mm x 25mm x 1mm). I will include them in the GB PCBs for the BB if anyone is interested. Reducing thermal resistance by 2x seems like a good thing for $1 extra per amp.

Because the Alumina are really steelhard you could also use the bigger TO264 alumina spacers for TO3P mosfets.
This way you make the contact area between the mosfet and the heatsink bigger, not 100% true but still some percentages :)

You can count me in for Alpha 20 in GB2.
Thanks!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Because the Alumina are really steelhard you could also use the bigger TO264 alumina spacers for TO3P mosfets.
This way you make the contact area between the mosfet and the heatsink bigger, not 100% true but still some percentages :)

You can count me in for Alpha 20 in GB2.
Thanks!

I just changed the order to TO264 size since the ones recommended by Aksa for the BB are TO264 in order to handle the higher heat load.

If you get a pair of Alpha 20’s we only need 4 more people to get GB2 going. Maybe many, like you are waiting for B.B. GB to commence. Be warned though that they are very different amps. Alpha 20 is your usual easy to build and fits most 25w amp Class A cases and PSU. The B.B. is a special amp that’s for sure. Big thermal requirements and large power draw from wall plug. Probably not an amp for the first time Class A amp builder :D

Although these amps are zero adjustment and starting the up has been a pleasant experience.

I’m already on the list for the 20w.

I’ve been following the thread from the beginning and was very intrigued, since I was looking at the Pass Amps. I did not think that I wanted to mess with large computer heat sinks and matching the output devices. With only a N and P device in the latest design makes it easier and I think it would look cool having the CPU coolers sticking out.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Alpha 20 GB2 Status Update

I forgot a few more from PM's --- if you want to participate, the easiest way is to add your name to the list directly as I lose track of PM requests too easily. I dug around and found the two I just added from about a week or so ago.

danibosn - 2 sets
Yoaudio - 1 set
BRN - 1 set
pieter t - 1 set
danny_66 - 1 set
jvojvo - 1 set
postip - 1 set

2 more to go :)

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am getting ready to order the BB boards in small quantities for Beta testing. These are 240mm x 150mm, 2mm thick, double thick copper, ENIG finish. They are pricey and, similar to the 3d printing that JPS64 wanted to do to make sure it all works, this has to be done. I will foot the bill upfront but hopefully will be able share the costs for the BB GB once the board is verified to work. 10 boards is $199 cost with shipping or $20ea for these golden beauties. :)

Last edited: