Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book

I got a hold of Taylor & Francis yesterday to ask what happened to my order. They said " It was never processed for the card that you used was declined. This happens on occasion but the bottom line is you were never charged and the order was never processed."
I ordered the book in mid April, my Visa card expired in mid May. They failed to notify me so I could make corrections. All is well, I ordered again today, it is still on sale, so maybe in a few weeks I'll get one for myself.
Rick

I ordered from Amazon Canada. I live in Newfoundland... Actually, it looks like I ordered from a third party vendor who supplies it for Amazon, "--Superbookdeals-". Either way, it ships from the UK, and shipping to Newfoundland usually takes twice as long for anything to arrive, as we are an isolated island in the Atlantic!

My book arrived last week. First inpression is that it explains a lot of things in an easy way, and explains things that one maybe haven't had a thougt on.

Seems that I have a lot of things to simulate but it has to wait for a while.
Renovating my roof now, before installing solar panels.

Figge

Let's hear it for the PM329!

Some clarifying comments on the 2d Ed. book Figure 2.15 circuits:

1) On page 42 the Fig. 2.15(b) "Zener Shunt" is what I originally called a "PM329" several years back, having been designed to emulate the LM329 in general regards, but with much lower noise.

2) This circuit, like the LM329, has a dynamic impedance less than an ohm.

3) This circuit, unlike the LM329 has a noise level around 20-25nV/Rt-Hz. This is around 3-4 times lower than the LM329, but the price paid is the higher current.

I shared this with Bob Cordell in August of 2015 (see Figure 3: of this reference).

Walt Jung

Last edited: