Solid Solid State Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those interested in alternative output stages might consider the circuit I am attaching, but I am staying with 2EF output.

Attachments

• outputstage.GIF
    outputstage.GIF
    14.2 KB · Views: 932
I once was friends with a fellow designer, who designed the Radford solid state amps in the 1970's. His output stage was very similar to the latest one provided here.
He was very sure that he could meet any challenge in audio, but I reminded him that his output stage used as many parts a my whole amp. ;-)

Last edited:
His output stage was very similar to the latest one provided here.
He was very sure that he could meet any challenge in audio, but I reminded him that his output stage used as many parts a my whole amp. ;-)

I showed it as an example, because I was asked here about different output stage than the 2EF. I do not use this last shown output stage. It has issues, as I have already mentioned. Switching off and crossconduction, and thermal stability.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.