Ultra-LD 100W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have published my apologize about all i said about Blameless

I have made other amplifier, another blameless and the one sounded great..also i understood the blameless schematic option as a basic schematic, a suggestion to improvements for sonics...there, only low distortion, nothing was said about audio quality.

The Blameless thread i have opened asking folks what they think about that amplifier.... that have sounded sterile to me...... was into that same thread were i have apologized publically.... and said "have made another one that sounded great"

Also into Vinyl Addict thread about Blameless.

I said into Blameless thread that i turn Doctor Self Addicted, that i was reading (already finished) his book, that i was using Doctor Self "T" shirt and wearing a hat were you see written:

- " I love Doctor Self "

So... an old chapter of my life... a shame on me that i cannot erase from the forum registers... i was wrong, and unfair..but i think my error was corrected..unfortunatelly you have not readed all i have written there.

When we go learning, we go burning our old "gods" and creating new ones...the amplifier i loved 10 years ago is not the one i love today... each amplifier is a new experience..some of them good and others bad.

I have learned a lot...many units tried.... the most important i have learned is that we gonna change our mind if we are inserted into some kind of progress..because to keep old opinions seems we have learned nothing.... marching into the same place...not moving...no progress!

To change our minds seems we are receiving inputs and we are judging without blocks or impeachments, without religion or beliefs and ready to try other folks ideas and to test them, to evaluate them to incorporate their ideas till the day we receive more inputs...new ideas, that gonna change our mind once again..... not alike Republicans and Democrats... i can born Doctor Self Addicted and die Randy Slone addicted.

I have just burned one of my "gods"... was you OstrY.... i have found you as someone that used to read all stuff....it seems you have not readed my apologize there to feel strange my passion by some Doctor Self design.... so...you are not more a divine guy that has attention to all posts...alike me and many folks you read just a part of the entire message.... a dinamic reading.

Also.... circuit is a circuit and not more than a circuit.... not only Doctor Self had ideas.... others tried almost the same circuit.... my aproval related Ultra low distortion does not means general, unrestricted aproval about all Doctor Self did in his life.

It seems to me, your vision, dear Ostry, while reading my texts, are not very well focused.... already forgived dear Ostry... just give another read that and you will not feel awsome that i like some Self Design...that one is not from him.... seems a little...well.... all amplifiers have transistors alike Self amplifiers...but this is not a good reason to believe Doctor Self has influenced all transistorized amplifiers.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• flash 383.jpg
    flash 383.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 417
I would not care if "the monkeys uncle" developed a good amp
whether it be Self or National semi or George bush. If it
sounds good (like my sound card with headphones on) I dont
care.I just burn it in with a 8 ohm heater element , see if it rings
at 10K/20K square wave with no oscillation ,then listen to it.

If it don't sound right I tinker with CSS ,NFB and different
devices.
After all that ,IF it does sound right I slam it with 40K of
different musics (classical/rock/movies) simple signal path -
soundcard- amp -speaker.. eliminates any user biases.

Heat , abuse (I will short out a amp on purpose :hot: )
just to see the fire..ha P.S. it's not nice to burn "gods":mad:

Sc Uld 2

"something does not add up.
The schematic shows 70mV to 100mV across each output emitter resistor.
The biasing of the output stage shows 2.2V across the drivers+outputs+emitter resistors.
That implies 550mV across each diode (believable)
and 500mV to 515mVbe across all the output transistor base/emitter. (that seems unbelievable).
What's are they not telling us?"

Andrew T is correct about the 70-100mV readings. They should read 7-10mV

SandyK

I see, Andrew has also discovered failures

Well... people that uses to assemble amplifiers, very fast will detect those problems and correct them while adjusting, doing what is normal, what is standard, what is correct... of course will not follow the wrong instructions.

I am sorry Sandy, i do not use to read Andrew texts, in special because he is very good to watch errors, and rarely the opposite..... say, to stimulate people with nice words.

You know, i use to avoid things that i feel as not kind....i do not watch television anymore because crimes, wars, political lyes and those things...if television has never good things to say do not interests me... world has positive things too...but local, National television, only shows the worse part of our reality... a dark side vision of the Universe.... maybe population is sadic and because of that they produce all that trash... i am not sadic.

regards,

Carlos

@Terry Demol: what problems do you see exactly with the CFP-output stage? I'm toying with something similar (with CFP-output stage) and on paper (in the sim) it performs very well. Uses same outputs, but different drivers and twice the driver current.

Have fun, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.