Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

It will be more as day and night :)
I replaced all LT3045 PSUs (2..6 paralleled) in my DAM1941 DAC. I never look back.

Thanks for your information, I'm looking forward to receive the parcel and build up the UltaBIB. In my setup I will replace 3x pos, 3x neg rails of LT3045 located in the DAC and in the AMP.. It would be amazing if i got some SQ improvements in all that places :)

Did you have done some specific changes in the UltraBIB or let say just stock build with recommended parts ?

Just a image of the current situation :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_115255_kl.jpg
    IMG_20200519_115255_kl.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 564
I've searched the thread and the build guide for information on fuse selection and it's limited or hasn't shown up for me.

Bearing in mind that I'm not implementing the anti-ringing capability, the points that I'd like guidance on are:

1. Fuse type recommendation or guidance for selection? Slow or fast blow?
  2. Fuse current rating selection guidance - what's a sensible margin above the selected CCmA current?
I'd expect that inrush current will be a factor to both points and in that vein, I can't see guidance on where the current will peak to on start up (apologies if I've missed it).

I recognise that the build guide notes:
The limiter will not source “unlimited” current to a fault and pulls steady current from the previous block. Its a perturbations barrier and a safety device in other words.
but I'd rather not rely on a single line of protection.

Thanks for the input .. ;)

I am planning to use two pairs of ultrabibs to supply 38v with CCS set to about 300mA of CCA (likely shunting 150 maybe 200 in which case I'll drop CCS down a bit).

I had 40v Mundorf AGs I used to build the sets when I thought I would be using them at 15v with another i/v stage. Should I swap these out with higher rated caps? The next up for Mundorfs would be 63v.

Here's an outline of how I would do it, to suit conditions local to me, while accounting for the advice and supporting info provided by Salas in Post #1.

For a small transformer (I've referred to some vendor data for a toroid), the regulation / sag at load is significant. For the assessment attached, I've not added any margin or other factors.

Attachments

• U-BIB PSU Estimate.jpg
    U-BIB PSU Estimate.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 363