Reflektor-D builds

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
With the RR 100Ω you secure moderate current even if you chance on a higher IDSS JFET.

Because they are SMD parts i.e. tiny you want to avoid extra dissipation in them, so use the 100Ω if not wanting to install various resistors and measure ID in circuit and then rework to home in.

I found this comment written by Mr. Kazuo Ozawa in a different thread.
As Bunpei precisely reports, my first interest for GaN
started from the study of Taylor Follower type Regulator.
When I replaced MTP3055VL with GS66502B for shunt on the
regulator, I found great improvement. Then I decided to apply
this GaN to Power amplifier particularly the Amazing Circlotron.

post 9
Applying GaN transistor as a replacement of SiC rectifier

Now I wonder if anyone here have tested this for the ReflektorD ?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
:up: Wich value 100nF? There is better SQ using one rectifier & one AC mains cap filter for each reg? I will do the question better? BiB is powering Amanero USB-I2S board + one part of I2S isolator. Reflektor is powering Cronus re-clock board + the other part of I2S isolator. The mains power transformer is a Selectronic R-Core with dual 0-9VAC secondary 30VA rated. As I more see it become more complicated. I forget the isolator need two isolated 3.3V, and I have only one 3.3V the other is 5V for the Cronus. Wow what a shock, I read the the IC USB-I2S isolator to know the working voltage & the Recommended Operating Conditions min. 3V & max. 5.5V and max. rating 7V Attached a couple of figures, I guess I have to use fig. 1?

TIA
Felipe

Attachments

• noDac una psu.jpg
    noDac una psu.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 262
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Salas. The only I know for sure is that the USB-I2S isolator needs to be powered with two separate regs. to be isolated the I2S line. Could be a problem to isolate the I2S line to share the rect. & mains AC cap? I used BiB with Amanero a lot of years with great result, I prefered the SQ of BiB over Reflektor because I only listen DSD. So BiB for Amanero & Reflektor for Cronus. I have to left you Salas, today is the happy birthday of my wife and we will go to the restaurant to celebrate.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The only I know for sure is that the USB-I2S isolator needs to be powered with two separate regs. to be isolated the I2S line. Could be a problem to isolate the I2S line to share the rect. & mains AC cap?

Yes you lose the isolation. Must have a psu + reg all alone with own Tx if isolation is an issue.

Have a nice time with her. Bye!

I got this old link about the R6 mod from a friend the other day (it's called R5 though) and I have since then searched for the first 50 pages in this thread for a similar approach. Found nothing about alternative values for this position, any comment would be great. The short review by "pietjers" made me curious.

The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Post 5820

Couldn't find an answer to all my questions via search, so here we go...

What is the tradeoff if wiring in normal two wire mode... not kelvin? My wiring won't be that long.

If wiring in Kelvin and then going to a terminal strip, do I need to continue with Kelvin wiring to final destinations. I have 3 destinations (isolation/re-clocking) that will be close to terminal strip.

Thanks in advance.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
With two wire mode you avoid exposing sense runs to external interference and it can be a logical choice when killing little added short thick cable's resistance isn't a priority for the client circuits. Kelvin works best when all destination nodes come to a star arrangement with short copper lanes at a common terminal.