Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2020, 11:20 PM   #241
xorcz is online now xorcz  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikEnquist View Post
I also don't need any gui for myself, but I certainly see the use case for one...
Great to hear! I was thinking about the active crossover, found articles of R. Taylor, but the jump was to big. And then came T5's paxor with the GUI, which was just a small step so I am rebuilding my 3 way speakers to active.
Old 20th March 2020, 07:37 PM   #242
cube75 is offline cube75  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have tried to make the internal buffering robust against scheduling issues. But I only have experience from running it on modern PC hardware, and there I would say realtime stuff isn't needed. It runs just fine while playing movies from Netflix in Firefox for example, which is quite heavy since uses with software video decoding. In the same conditions I had lots of dropouts with BruteFIR. On a Pi I have no idea, would be great if someone wants to test a bit
I ran some time an optimization script. (also on Github)
It installs does a couple of ''optimizations'' on the OS.
I did this because I had some dropouts with Brutefir. Didn't solve them. Chancing buffersizes did.
Just getting the basics right did more I thought.
Camilladsp with rate control runs solid. Standard out of the box Raspbian
Old 20th March 2020, 09:49 PM   #243
HenrikEnquist is offline HenrikEnquist  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube75 View Post
I ran some time an optimization script. (also on Github)
It installs does a couple of ''optimizations'' on the OS.
I did this because I had some dropouts with Brutefir. Didn't solve them. Chancing buffersizes did.
Just getting the basics right did more I thought.
Camilladsp with rate control runs solid. Standard out of the box Raspbian
Thanks for sharing!
Old 20th March 2020, 09:52 PM   #244
diyAudio Member

There is a new version in branch "socket". The main thing is that it can now be controlled via a websocket. It's possible to reload the config, switch config file, and even upload a new config directly as yaml.
Check the readme for a few examples on how to do that from Python!
Old 22nd March 2020, 07:27 AM   #245
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
There is a new version in branch "socket". The main thing is that it can now be controlled via a websocket. It's possible to reload the config, switch config file, and even upload a new config directly as yaml.
Check the readme for a few examples on how to do that from Python!
Very cool

I've tried to compile this branch, but something went wrong i guess:
Quote:
pi@SuperBPI:~/socket_camilla/camilladsp/target/release $ /home/pi/socket_camilla/camilladsp/target/release/camilladsp
CamillaDSP 0.0.10
Henrik Enquist <henrik.enquist@gmail.com>
A flexible tool for processing audio

USAGE:
camilladsp [FLAGS] <configfile>

FLAGS:
-c, --check Check config file and exit
-h, --help Prints help information
-V, --version Prints version information
-v Increase message verbosity

ARGS:
<configfile> The configuration file to use
pi@SuperBPI:~/socket_camilla/camilladsp/target/release $ /home/pi/socket_camilla/camilladsp/target/release/camilladsp -p
error: Found argument '-p' which wasn't expected, or isn't valid in this context

USAGE:
camilladsp [FLAGS] <configfile>

For more information try --help
What i did was.
1. mkdir socket_camilla, cd socket_camilla
2. git clone GitHub - HEnquist/camilladsp: A flexible linux IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
3. cd camilla
4. git checkout socket
5. git pull
I need to disable pulseaudio for the piCorePlayer i'am trying it on so i did this?!:
cargo build --release --no-default-features --features alsa-backend --features 32bit

So where did i go wrong.
Btw. camilladsp is working also on this build, but no -p

Quote:
Btw(2): I have it running on the famous piCorePlayer now. I've created/modified excisting script on the dist. to an ugly init.d script which starts the camilladsp as a Daemon when piCore(The linux RAM OS) are booting...
It's working perfect, no glitch no noise 100% good, and very low CPU usage ~2-3% too.
Jesper.

Last edited by lykkedk; 22nd March 2020 at 07:30 AM.
Old 22nd March 2020, 08:22 AM   #246
diyAudio Member

The websocket part gets disabled by the --no-default-features flag. Just enable it again by adding "--features socketserver" to the command:
Code:
cargo build --release --no-default-features --features alsa-backend --features 32bit --features socketserver
Old 22nd March 2020, 08:55 AM   #247
Boden is offline Boden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I also don't need any gui for myself, but I certainly see the use case for one...

How do you gentlemen then check whether the dsp functions as intended? Loop-back testing?
Old 22nd March 2020, 09:19 AM   #248
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The websocket part gets disabled by the --no-default-features flag. Just enable it again by adding "--features socketserver" to the command:
Code:
cargo build --release --no-default-features --features alsa-backend --features 32bit --features socketserver
Perfect... thanks

Quote:
pi@SuperBPI:~/socket_camilla/camilladsp $ /home/pi/socket_camilla/camilladsp/target/release/camilladsp -h
CamillaDSP 0.0.10
Henrik Enquist <henrik.enquist@gmail.com>
A flexible tool for processing audio

USAGE:
camilladsp [FLAGS] [OPTIONS] <configfile>

FLAGS:
-c, --check Check config file and exit
-h, --help Prints help information
-V, --version Prints version information
-v Increase message verbosity

OPTIONS:
-p, --port <port> Port for websocket server

ARGS:
<configfile> The configuration file to use
Old 22nd March 2020, 01:01 PM   #249
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boden View Post

How do you gentlemen then check whether the dsp functions as intended? Loop-back testing?
I measure, adjust the dsp, and measure again. Also my experience is that if something is wrong, more often than not it will be very wrong making it obvious that there is a problem. Like swapped woofer/tweeter signal or stuff like that.
Old 22nd March 2020, 06:57 PM   #250
Boden is offline Boden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Do you then measure filtered speaker SPL (acoustic transfer function), or filter transfer function (electric transfer function)?

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.Hide this!Advertise here!