Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2020, 11:35 PM   #1021
wineds is offline wineds  Australia
diyAudio Member

In case you want to try to build squeezelite_custom to solve your JL problem @audiac proposed some alternatives here :

Also there is a thread on building squeezelite here :

Build Squeezelite

@audiac 's first approach is a variation on Jespers which avoids hard coded paths to all the .py files.

I might give this a shot today if I can find the time.
Old 11th October 2020, 12:41 AM   #1022
seashell is offline seashell
diyAudio Member

Or you could try the alsa pcm hook with standard squeezelite.
Old 11th October 2020, 03:36 AM   #1023
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell View Post
Or you could try the alsa pcm hook with standard squeezelite.
Yeah that is probably the way go thanks. I tried to apply Jespers mods to what I think is the latest squeezelite build 1278 but CamillaDSP throws error 'EINVAL: Invalid argument' when you try to change sample rate.

I had a look at your github. I'll study it some more and have a crack at implementing it. Thanks!
Old 11th October 2020, 07:15 AM   #1024
audiac is offline audiac  Sweden
diyAudio Member

As a matter of fact, I did not manage to get either Lykkedk's or my two modified squeezelite variants to work. The code I put together is therefore not guaranteed to work. Please report your progress.

I also believe that seashell's approach is very interesting. But, after a few hours trying, I couldn't make that work either.

Seashell, please explain more about how it is supposed to be configured. As for now, opencmd and closecmd will never fire. I'm just trying to touch files in /tmp, but nothing.

The asound.conf that you have on github, should the content be added to any existing asound.conf, or does it work for you as it is?
Old 11th October 2020, 10:25 AM   #1025
diyAudio Member

Maybe getting too off topic here but I successfully built and applied Jespers mods with this version :

GitHub - ralph-irving/squeezelite at 57108946f2117ea0552eab271b81c48fd14387e7

Probably that was the current build at the time.

Last edited by wineds; 11th October 2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11th October 2020, 12:17 PM   #1026
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Maybe getting too off topic here but I successfully built and applied Jespers mods with this version :

GitHub - ralph-irving/squeezelite at 57108946f2117ea0552eab271b81c48fd14387e7

Probably that was the current build at the time.
Nice...

I will when i'am getting smarter, do what Henrik suggested some time ago, making a repos. for the squeezelite build... I'am not there yet, sry...

Jesper.
Old 11th October 2020, 12:25 PM   #1027
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default SuperPlayer upgrade

Hello all

I did a new "howto" GitHub - Lykkedk/SuperPlayer_v2.0

This upgrade guide, uses the p.t. newest builds of the CamillaDSP, Camilla Gui etc... Plotting is not yet enabled as the mathplotlib is very heavy.
I donno if i will make this option work, but the rest is running fine, giving the player a few more seconds for starting up everything is running fine.

I attached a "top" picture of it running on a RPI 3, so i guess running it on a RPI 4 it will be much better?

Jesper.
Attached Images
File Type: png Top.png (98.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: png Web.png (66.8 KB, 101 views)
Old 11th October 2020, 01:56 PM   #1028
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

GUI config status - old status remains... even if new file is loaded I still see this old message..

//
Attached Images
File Type: png status.png (271.8 KB, 83 views)
Old 11th October 2020, 02:10 PM   #1029
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Playing a 44,1 ksps track (CD rip) I experience slip (ticks, pops, micro short stutters) while playing say every 10-30 seconds. I use VLC as player but also on other sources.

Also, the first 100 ms of each tracks seem to not play out.

//
Attached Images
File Type: png sli1.png (646.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: png sli2.png (191.9 KB, 88 views)
Old 11th October 2020, 02:15 PM   #1030
pi r is offline pi r  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I'm pretty embarrassed to smear Henrik's CamillaDSP-tread with these of-topic posts.
But Jesper (lykkedk) has yet not started his own tread on his GitHub-project. - So where else should we go..?

I went to cPC to find out what squeezelitle they use.
Squeezelite | piCorePlayer documentation
And they use this set of build options:
Code:
Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG OPUS VISEXPORT IR GPIO RPI DSD SSL NO_SSLSYM
My guess is that the missing piece in Jesper's build of squeezelite-custom is the option: VISEXPORT.

I have yet not taken the measures to create a build environment for a Rpi.
So I kindly ask Jesper... could you..? (or someone else)

Last edited by pi r; 11th October 2020 at 02:36 PM.

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.Hide this!Advertise here!