Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2021, 08:13 PM   #921
von Ah is offline von Ah  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update! I look forward to v2.0!
Old 7th April 2021, 09:13 PM   #922
pelanj is offline pelanj  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Me too
Old 9th April 2021, 01:22 PM   #923
b_force is offline b_force  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfive View Post
Because having all the i386 libraries and dev-dependencies for building is too much of a hassle for me.
Is this going to have any complications for the Raspberry Pi and such?
Old 9th April 2021, 01:26 PM   #924
Tfive is offline Tfive  Germany
diyAudio Member

no, armhf and arm64 architectures are unaffected by this. they are alive and kicking architectures after all. i386 is pretty much dead in the water (IMHO).

EDIT: also indicated by ubuntu dropping i386 as well.
Old 9th April 2021, 06:18 PM   #925
katariat is offline katariat  United States
diyAudio Member

hi Jurgen, what is the default source to the input in the Xover pack. I was able to get the xover installed on by Rock64 SBC. I also installed shairpoint-sync to turn the SBC into an airplay receiver.

Here is my chain: spotify from phone thru air play to SBC via shairpoint-sync---> SBC + Soundcard + Xover rack --> mutli channel audio for active crossover with parametric EQ

when i activate the config file...the music output stays constant / doesn't change based on the filtering etc.

I am guessing that since i am doing the airplay into the SBC its the input for the xover rack but i could be totally wrong too.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by katariat; 9th April 2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: correction
Old 9th April 2021, 06:35 PM   #926
diyAudio Member

did you press the green "play" button to actually insert the filter chain?
that should normally set the sink named "PaXoverRack.Input" as default sink and any application should use it. maybe after doing that you need to restart shairpoint-sync
Old 9th April 2021, 07:13 PM   #927
diyAudio Member

will try
Old 10th April 2021, 05:07 PM   #928
diyAudio Member

Hi Jürgen

i tried again. This time i stopped the shairpoint-sync, loaded the xover rack by hitting the green play button, the square button turned red..... i could see that it loaded the sinks etc on the console. Restarted the shairpoint-sync but same results...no sound from the multichannel output ports of the sound card

i also opened alsamixer to see what source was it using...default is the rockchiprk3328 but i couldn't change it to the creative sound card through that utlility. I did go head and made the changes to a config file in alsa...based on some googling ..to default it to the creative sound card but then the only port that works is the headphone port (input to the sound card)...no other multi channel output port provides sound making me believe that alsa is not sending the sound to pulse or still the default input to the xover rack is not getting the sound.

any thing different that i can try or what i can share to help trouble shoot. Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 06:18 PM   #929
diyAudio Member

Default New version and more announcements

Just released packaged and released version 1.57 which only has a minor bugfix: the command line argument parser options were finally fixed and help texts are now correct:

Code:
usage: pulseaudio-crossover-rack [-h] [--file [FILE]] [--apply] [--exit] [--debug]

optional arguments:
  -h, --help     show this help message and exit
  --file [FILE]  .paxor file to open
  --apply        if a file was loaded, immediately load the crossover modules
  --exit         exit after loading modules (only applicable if --apply was given)

On a different note:
I decided to keep the branch of Pulseaudio Crossover Rack with LADPSA plugins alive. There's currently no reason to kill it as it takes very little effort to maintain it and it seems very very stable at this point. And it might still be useful to some of us... So it will stay alive, at least for the foreseeable future.

So I decided that the successor will be named Pulseaudio Crossover NG
Old 10th April 2021, 06:20 PM   #930
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katariat View Post
Hi Jürgen

i tried again. This time i stopped the shairpoint-sync, loaded the xover rack by hitting the green play button, the square button turned red..... i could see that it loaded the sinks etc on the console. Restarted the shairpoint-sync but same results...no sound from the multichannel output ports of the sound card

i also opened alsamixer to see what source was it using...default is the rockchiprk3328 but i couldn't change it to the creative sound card through that utlility. I did go head and made the changes to a config file in alsa...based on some googling ..to default it to the creative sound card but then the only port that works is the headphone port (input to the sound card)...no other multi channel output port provides sound making me believe that alsa is not sending the sound to pulse or still the default input to the xover rack is not getting the sound.

any thing different that i can try or what i can share to help trouble shoot. Thanks
When debugging an issue always go step by step!

1. Which distro do you use, does it have a speaker test built in to the pulseaudio config panel? If so, can you send out sound via multichannel there?

2. did you try with a different app - vlc for example. There you should be able to see/set the pulseaudio sink it uses.

Please try these things first and if they work we will try to get shairpoint sync running.

Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linuxHide this!Advertise here!