PeppyMeter

Well, I do not know what the problem actually is (no sound or no display?), but AFAIK the hw:vc4... device accepts only format which requires the hdmi:CARD=xxx device string instead of hw:xxx . IMO testing it should just take a different device string in the .asoundrc file.

Well, bottom line is my new pi 3B arrived and I used the image from RPI and things are working great. I installed Ryger so I can have this pi function as a DLNA renderer. I'm able to control it from my iPad using MConnect HD, sending it files from Serviio running on a pi 4. The meters work great!!!

My 1280 x 400 waveshare display arrives today, can't wait to get this project into my home theater. Thank you for your help!!

Reactions: 1 user
I've set up the Kandinsky image and it's working great
with a Hifiberry Dacplus. Congrats on an excellent project!
Excellent Sound!
And Love those VU meters!
The Equalizer works very well as well.
I've got it playing Flac files off a USB stick.

I'd like to get a way to stream Spotify off it
but the current Raspotify is only for the Bullseye OS.

Is there any other option for Spotify?

This thread is for PeppyMeter not Peppy player (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/peppy-player.288412/page-23). Anyway, this is in my TODO list - to upgrade to the latest Bookworm OS version (the version after Bullseye). I'll start making that upgrade pretty soon.

Do you mean that Raspotify doesn't work on Bookworm? That's currently the main way to use Spotify in the Peppy player. Full support for different commercial services (Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer etc) is also in my TODO list. But if that will happen then more likely that will happen in the second half of this year.

If you have iPhone (or any other device which supports AirPlay) you can send a Spotify stream to your Pi using the AirPlay mode in the player:
https://github.com/project-owner/Peppy.doc/wiki/AirPlay

Thanks RPI. And just wanted to confirm... there is no option to rotate through a list of chosen meters by tapping? Is there a way to change via ssh or other means beyond edit the config.txt? Thank you!
No way by tapping but recently Volumio team asked me to implement functionality to start/stop meters programmatically using Python. That was done in the latest version of the PeppyMeter. But for that you need to write your own Python program which will do that. PeppyMeter switches to the new random meter every time you start/stop it. Using that functionality you can probably implement switch by tapping as well.

No way by tapping but recently Volumio team asked me to implement functionality to start/stop meters programmatically using Python. That was done in the latest version of the PeppyMeter. But for that you need to write your own Python program which will do that. PeppyMeter switches to the new random meter every time you start/stop it. Using that functionality you can probably implement switch by tapping as well.
Is it possible for me to upgrade the version I have?

It was not intended for regular PeppyMeter users.
I’ve added a new named attribute to the Peppymeter constructor:
timer_controlled_random_meter=True
If you need programmatic control of the random meter set that parameter to False.
After that you can switch random meters by calling function ‘restart’ on Peppymeter object.

Making progress on my first custom meter! I’m a Denon fan, so had to go with that vibe.
IMG_0430.png

Love PeppyMeter, and enjoyed it while I was streaming Tidal through pCP on Raspberry (Pi4).
Now that Logitech stopped MySqueezBox servers I have switched to Tidal Connect on the RpI.
Is there anyway to have PeppyMeter work with my new setup??? (Rpi OS 64 Debian Bookworm) with 'Tidal Connect')
Really miss it!