Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Peppy player
Peppy player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2018, 08:34 PM   #31
WetOne is offline WetOne
diyAudio Member

Thank you. Streams play for me now -- except that I can't see pictures associated with the streams. It took reading the new documentation carefully to see how I was supposed to handle it (give pictures the same names as streams). That doesn't work for me for either .png or .jpg files. I'd like to be able to use blanks in stream names ("Philip Marlowe 1947-06-12 Who Shot Waldo", for instance). It's not clear if I would have to put the stream name in quotes for the program to find a picture file or if I'd have to use underscores for the blanks.

But that's minor -- thanks for getting streams to work at all.

I'll be interested to see how you put together an equalization screen. Using alsamixer from an SSH instance works, but is not the most user-friendly thing in the world.

Last edited by WetOne; 12th August 2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Actually read the documentation.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:07 PM   #32
rpi is online now rpi  United States
diyAudio Member

Streams functionality was always like a step-child in Peppy. Hence less effort and testing
was put on that. You faced another bug. You have a rare gift to find bugs I'll fix it in the
next release. But if you need a fix right now you can change the line #466 in file
/home/pi/Peppy/util/util.py from
return self.load_m3u(path, "", FOLDER_STREAMS, streams_per_page, default_icon_path)
to
return self.load_m3u(path, FOLDER_STREAMS, "", streams_per_page, default_icon_path)

The name in m3u file and image filename should be the same. There is no need to
use double quotes. Also no need to use underscores for whitespaces as it's valid
character in the filename. The only requirement - don't use in the names OS special
characters e.g. /
Old 14th August 2018, 01:51 AM   #33
WetOne is offline WetOne
diyAudio Member

OK, the stepchild is feeling loved. Streams work as they should: supplied pictures are displayed, the default picture shows when it should. Good work.

I'm not convinced about embedded spaces in file names, though. I don't have time to test that tonight, but I know that I can't create files (e.g. with cp underscored_name blanked name) because linux commands interpret the space as a separator between file names. Enclosing the desired name in double quotes (e.g. cp underscored_name "blanked name") does work for system commands. I don't know how python handles that, but I expect to find out tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick response.
Old 14th August 2018, 05:25 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

I meant don't use double quotes for names in m3u file as that will be interpreted as a part
of the filename. But you definitely should use double quotes when you create filenames
with whitespaces. Those double quotes don't become the part of the filename. They are
used only during creation time because of the reasons which you mentioned.

Good luck and don't hesitate to report new bugs (if any)
Old 27th August 2018, 08:14 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

New version (Velázquez Edition) of the Peppy Player was released yesterday.

New features:

- Replaced all icons by SVG vector images. That will simplify creation of new icons
and allow UI look the same in different resolutions. Here is example of UI in
resolution 200*150:

Click the image to open in full size.

- Added functionality which will display album art for all radio stations which
provide information about current artist and song. Below is the collage which
shows Radio player with album art:

- Implemented Equalizer UI.
Equalizer UI * project-owner/Peppy.doc Wiki * GitHub
Equalizer functionality was based on ALSA Equalizer
plugin. UI has five pre-defined frequency profiles for such music genres as Classical,
Jazz, Pop, Rock, Contemporary. Here is the screenshot showing Equalizer UI:

- Added pagination for radio groups.
- Provided new disk image for Waveshare 5" touchscreen.
Disk Images * project-owner/PeppyPlayers.doc Wiki * GitHub
- Added support for m3u playlists with absolute filenames.

Last edited by rpi; 27th August 2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 28th August 2018, 06:46 PM   #36
tthorsten is offline tthorsten  Germany
diyAudio Member

cool
Old 29th August 2018, 07:23 AM   #37
phofman is online now phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

I like your smart graphical design
Old 29th August 2018, 05:18 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Thank you guys! I'm trying to keep it simple but still functional. As it's mostly oriented towards small touchscreens sometimes it's problematic and some trade-offs should be used.
Old 31st October 2018, 05:26 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

New version (Goya Edition) of the Peppy Player was released today.

New features:

* Refactored VU Meter screensaver. Now it leverages peppymeter plugin.

* Added Spectrum Analyzer screensaver. It also leverages peppyalsa plugin.

* Modified Weather screensaver. Backgrounds were added to the screensaver. That will reduce the screen brightness and help to better serve the screensaver role.

* Added Recursive Playback mode. In this mode player will automatically play all files in folder and all sub-folders.
Recursive Playback * project-owner/Peppy.doc Wiki * GitHub

* Introduced the flag disabling automatic playback upon startup.

* Improved support for SVG icons. Only one set of icons is required now. The icon colors will be changed accordingly during runtime.

* Fixed issues in Logo screensaver and Audiobooks playback. By setting image height to 100% in the Logo screensaver configuration file the album art will occupy full screen now.

Old 31st October 2018, 06:58 PM   #40
tthorsten is offline tthorsten  Germany
diyAudio Member

cool

Peppy playerHide this!Advertise here!