wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system

Try it and let me know what you think.
frd

Thanks frd.

Yesterday I found your player. I did a short test with a non resident laptop and I noticed something good on the sound, then I booted the resident pc to have a walk through over some of my well known tracks.

The JLsounds dac with AK4490 works flawlessly with PCM and DSD tracks, I was able to send both DoP and native non-DoP DSD as well, not a sigle pop or ugly sound appears.

After a couple of listening hours, I'm further convinced of the beauty of sound and I will definitely spend more time with your player during the weekend. I've a quite decent skills with computer audio and more than one audio Pc here so comparison is easy.

The GUI is good enough for me, I would like to have smaller font size in order to be able to read long tracks title and a scroll between tracks.

The second "feature request" is about gapless playout (maybe as a selectable option).

Hope useful. I will provide additional info.

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

Setup: ASUS laptop with linear PS, highly customized JLsounds DAC, ASR Emitter 1 Exclusive, Wilson Audio Sophia2 speakers

Thank you for this.

Hello
Thank you for this.
This sounds like something I've been looking for. Optimized for SQ! I don't need all the bells and whistles.

I'm not as familiar with Linux as some of the others so bear with me. I have Sonore Rendu. This is a DLNA network player that takes the output from the computer via the Ethernet connection and then outputs SPDIF to the DAC.

Could I use your WTF with this configuration? Can I port network packages from say debian or Ubuntu into WTF to support this DLNA player?

I'm considering building a CAPS type computers to be the server for this player. So, perhaps, I could use WTF as the operating system on the CAPS computer?

@ckj: Unfortunately not at the moment. At present wtfplay-live does not support networking, and adding extra packages will not help. Networking is on my TODO list.

I took a quick look at Sonore Rendu webpage and it seems that you need only a streaming application, and the Rendu takes care about the rest.

@xxxbugxxxx: DSD is supported in the last version of wtfplay-live.

@blueray: The bootloader configuration is stored in a read-only filesystem (ISO9660) so unfortunately changes are not possible. I received the same query via email. Was that you?

PS. Sorry for late response. I had to travel unexpectedly for last three weeks.

Thanks a lot !
When I try to boot using SD in the SD card reader which is built in my laptop(hp 8460p),I met this error message:ssh can't open tty ,...in emergency shell.But when I use an usb-card reader for SD card to boot,everything is OK.Is there something wrong with the built-in sd card reader?
Sorry for my poor English:)