Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2020, 03:37 PM   #291
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi rickmcinnis,
You have been very insulting to anyone who hasn't agreed with you, whether you say you wish for that or not. You aren't up on anything technical it seems, and that is fine as long as you don't argue about it.

Read your post on the other site out of interest. You appear to accept recommendations you agree with without any investigation - fine. But around here, those people you insulted do investigate. They certainly do listen to systems as home of varying quality, all somewhat better than the plastic 45 player you described (had one).

Many of your posts I have read are nonsense and didn't add any experience or knowledge to forward this thread. So before posting, ask yourself if you have anything truly constructive to add. If you don't, hands off the keyboard. If you do, then by all means, contribute.

-Chris
Old 8th April 2020, 04:04 PM   #292
cogitech is offline cogitech  Canada
diyAudio Member

How very frustrating and sad. Anyone who thinks a CPU or RAM in a playback PC can change the sound of an audio system is truly misinformed about digital audio. Another thread ruined by utter nonsense.
Old 8th April 2020, 04:54 PM   #293
frd__ is online now frd__  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Anyone who thinks....
I think that we all agreed that this thread suffered enough from this discussion. If you guys are interested in continuing, then pretty please, consider doing it somewhere else.

F
Old 8th April 2020, 05:58 PM   #294
HenrikEnquist is offline HenrikEnquist  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Yes you are right. Sorry!
Old 8th April 2020, 06:01 PM   #295
cogitech is offline cogitech  Canada
diyAudio Member

I agree. Sorry. Carry on.
Old 9th April 2020, 02:43 PM   #296
mario slo is offline mario slo
diyAudio Member

in exploring the best for my system i discovered wtfplayer 2016 and follow the forums where there are different opinions on sound quality wtf, personally i have windows mac linux os different players, tested but wtf showed the most enjoyment of listening to my music on days when we are at home and more about our hobby, with the latest version 0.7, I connected the player directly to an internet radio server locally, you can listen only at the address.
for those who are in doubt or unsure of the sound quality wtfplayer is a temporary listening option * Classical music
I would like to thank FRD for the time and sharing of wtfplayer

https://audiophile.radio12345.com/
Old 11th April 2020, 04:19 AM   #297
JoseM is offline JoseM  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario slo View Post

with the latest version 0.7, I connected the player directly to an internet radio server locally, you can listen only at the address.

https://audiophile.radio12345.com/
May I ask please, how do you do that?
Old 11th April 2020, 06:42 AM   #298
svetdtss is offline svetdtss
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseM View Post
May I ask please, how do you do that?
I want to know too, please.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:07 PM   #299
marcocastro is offline marcocastro
diyAudio Member

congratulations and thanks for the excellent work, there would be no possibility to use the reader as a render from an external library type jriver
it is not possible to randomly listen to the songs present in various directors, such as daphile's randon, sorry for my english thanks and good work
Old 22nd April 2020, 08:58 AM   #300
frd__ is online now frd__  Poland
diyAudio Member

marcocastro, Unfortunately not - there is no music database that would allow playing files form a random locations.

I can propose a workaround:

Start wtfcui and add all files that you want to play to the playlist. SHIFT-A adds all files form the current directory - that will make the whole process slightly faster. Next, switch to the playlist (TAB) and randomize it by pressing R key. Next just hit ENTER to start the playback.

I know, that it is not ideal, but I think this is the closest thing to what you can achieve with a software that uses music library.

I hope that you will find in helpful.

Cheers,
F

wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback systemHide this!Advertise here!