piCorePlayer = piCore Linux + Raspberry Pi + Squeezelite

Hi there,

One more PicorePlayer (the last 3.22) is playing :)

Datas were left on an old Synology 210J (800 MHz/128 Mo ram)
LMS with cache are on the Pi3 ; power supply is a Tecknet portable battery for Smartphone.
Datas comes through the provider box hub via a cat5 non folded and non pairs shielded cable (the most basic one can find: U/UTP)
PicorePlayer is not tweaked (Advanced menu) by switching off some functionalities (wifi, etc)
As the Pi3 is streaming through the I2S pin header via Iancanada GPIO header to I2S plugs adapter I chose in the Picore menu for this output : RPI-DAC output !

....And it worked at the first try

Very reliable development and product : bravo and many thanks to the PcP team.

Can't save Squeezelite settings - "Match the requested format"

Hi Greg,

I have been using pcp v1.19 for quite a while on my Pi2 and everything runs like a dream. Thank you and the team's effort for developing such a great software!

I just bought a new Pi3 and tried the latest v3.22 pcp, but I am experiencing an issue that I can't save the Squeezelite settings if I put the "-D" as the "Device supports DoP" parameter, a "Match the requested format" pops up when I press the "save" button. (pls see the attached screen capture)

In my existing Pi2/pcp1.19, the same setting works fine. I tried to did some research on google but no luck.

Could you please advice what the issue could be? Thanks.

By the way, I tried both normal version and audio version, same issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 10.03.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 10.03.05 PM.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 403
hi Jackybrown,

You need to add a number not -D, the -D is added automatically.

Before you where effectively adding "-D -D". :D

As we develop the software we have been adding code to prevent incorrect input. :judge:

The "Various input" field is free format (I think).

regards

Thank you for your prompt response, that solves the problem!

Maybe for other newbie's benefit, just to clarify here:
If you don't put in any values in this parameter, LMS will convert the DSD file to PCM. But if you put in a number in, such as a "0", LMS will transmit the DSD file via DoP.

Again, thanks Greg! What's a wonderful software!

Hi! I have PI3b+Kali+Pinao2.1. Install piCoreplayer3.22 audio version+LMS7.9.1.Playing DSD64 music is normal, has no problem!
But it plays DSD128 misic and the LMS7.9.1 condition looks normal, but, has no sound! What’s is the problem with piCoreplayer? How to set it up playing DSD128 music?