Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2018, 01:07 PM   #14561
aditya is offline aditya  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to aditya Send a message via Yahoo to aditya
Default hold dont remove metadata

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

Does anyone use the Airplay metadata feature in moOde?

I've never found it to be reliable and am considering dropping it.

-Tim
that is one good thing please do not remove, I am using it, haven't found any error.
I also use it with my saavn app streaming on airplay... I have iPhone 6s and its updated to 11.2.6 India version.

The only issue I have found is that - cant do a next or previous song. wish that would work for airplay and Bluetooth

I will recheck if there is metadata issue at my end that is album art or song name issue... Use it on the phone only and have a Rpi 3, and justboom amp and 64Gb sd Samsung sd card

Last edited by aditya; 19th March 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 19th March 2018, 01:37 PM   #14562
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiendas View Post
Did you execude the command sudo apt-get update on a raspberry Rpi3 B running Moode 4.0 ?

I updated with my version 4.0 on my old RPI 3 then inserted the microsd card into the 3B+ and had no issues with it booting and running just fine.
Old 19th March 2018, 03:19 PM   #14563
swizzle is offline swizzle  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
if you want to be a bit more secure and you are more comfortable with git then from /home/pi

I did this one and it now works, donít forget to restart the upnp server.

@Tim the airplay metadata option is great when using airplay but it isnít very often that I use it.
Old 19th March 2018, 04:28 PM   #14564
Rucia1 is offline Rucia1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
For those suffering with the Tidal playlists issue with upmpdcli there is a fix.

There will be a new release coming out but in the meantime I have attached the diff file that JF sent me.

Remove the .txt from the end and scp to /home/pi.

Then from a terminal session try.

Code:
cd /usr/share/upmpdcli 
sudo patch -p3 < ~/upmpdcli-tidal-and-qobuz-playlists.diff

This seemed to work for me, however had already git cloned the source tree.

if you want to be a bit more secure and you are more comfortable with git then from /home/pi

there is no need to compile just copy __init__.py

from
~/upmpdcli-code/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/
to
/usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi

May be my ignorance but I have had too many funnies downloading downloading code outside of git to publish the url to the file for a simple wget or curl.

NB The developer made the same change for Tidal as well which I have not yet tested.
everything works great, thank you
Old 19th March 2018, 04:51 PM   #14565
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I did this one and it now works, donít forget to restart the upnp server.

@Tim the airplay metadata option is great when using airplay but it isnít very often that I use it.
Hi @swizzle,

When it works its ok but its inherently unreliable because there is no resend/recovery mechanism in the metadata protocol. iTunes just sends it once which means when moOde's metadata receive pipe gets stale or the data gets out of sync then its game over. Anyway, the metadata and cover art are already visible on the sending client.

FYI, audio renderer handling has been completely overhauled for the next 41 TR including adding a robust socket based UI updater for Bluetooth and Airplay. This enables Bluetooth to also support "Resume MPD playback" identical to Airplay :-)

See the new renderer connect screens below.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png moode-r41h-ap-ind.png (197.7 KB, 289 views)
File Type: png moode-r41h-bt-ind.png (198.6 KB, 282 views)
File Type: png moode-r41h-sl-ind.png (197.7 KB, 279 views)
Old 19th March 2018, 05:04 PM   #14566
mikaella is offline mikaella  Romania
diyAudio Member

Looks like 5th time's a charm. The issue is not in the software rather the UX - and here I have a suggestion that might help people who are first time moode users:

1. Let people know to check on the install via mosbrief. I didn't know this from the few bits of info under Support on the website.

It's confusing that even before the install is complete one can use the moode web interface and in case I do anything that installs something or reboots it corrupts the install.

2. Even better > Include the output of mosbrief in the web interface to know exactly at what step and where in the process a user is. And don't allow any interference until it's reached the end.

I stumbled upon the mosbrief here: Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
but really i think that extra bit would be helpful to be in the basic instructions on the website.

Now that I can be sure that the install finished without errors, the Screen and UI work - However no luck in getting the Synology NAS shares to work.

Thanks for everything,
Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
@mikaella

Ok, but keep in mind that building 4.1 will require the same steps as building 4.0 so you'll have to master the process regardless. As well, Tim has said that "4.0 --> 4.1 will be an in-place update" so building 4.0 now is not wasted motion.

I highly recommend using the automated moOdeOS image builder.

@jonners' post just below yours (Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi) gives links to great instructions. Ignore the fact that both links are labeled "Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi"; just click on them.

Regards,
Kent
Old 19th March 2018, 05:14 PM   #14567
challenge is offline challenge
diyAudio Member

Hello Tim,
Is moode programmed to display artist picture in the library? I mean before selecting an album?
Just to know.
If it does, what's the file name standard it needs?

thank you
Old 19th March 2018, 05:25 PM   #14568
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi @challenge,

Album cover is only displayed after selecting an album from the list.

-Tim
Old 19th March 2018, 05:28 PM   #14569
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Default RPi3B+

My UPS guy dropped an RPi3B+ in my hands a few minutes ago.

I can confirm @Morias's approach:
  • Had moOde r40 running on an RPi3B
  • Ran through sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade
  • Watched the clock tick while 212MB of new .debs downloaded and installed
  • Rebooted the RPi3B to make sure moOde would still run on it
  • Transferred the uSD card to the new RPi3B+ and booted---success

Attached is the output from sysinfo. (FYI: I installed the patch I proposed the other day to id the new RPi revision)

Haven't tried any exotic settings yet but so far so good.

Regards,
Kent
Attached Files
File Type: txt sysinfo.rpi3b+.txt (5.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 19th March 2018, 09:29 PM   #14570
mod_sonic is offline mod_sonic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Back to Volumio

Thanks to the guys who provided links to instructions to install Moode. I gave up after trying two different sets of instructions which all have stages missing which I only found out after more than an hour's trial and error trying to get a build. The Moode site is hopeless: it talks about an OS image builder but there's no link I could find to download it.

It used to be very simple - put an image on a card put in in the PI, boot and configure. I don't have the time or the energy to engage in days of forum ping pong to fill in the gaps in the instructions. There's something seriously wrong when it's got this complicated when it used to be so easy :-)

So unless and until someone makes a downloadable .img of Moode 4 it's back to what works so well : Volumio.

Thanks again for trying.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!