Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 10:56 AM   #11021
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
PiB does not start automatically as advertised... but once logged in over ssh it does...42 minutes later and it says completed but on reboot and attempts to load webpage all I get is....
@DRONE7


I saw the same default nginx page for quite a while during installation before it switched to the moOde page. I did not follow progress with an HDMI connection or via ssh so I didn't see the "completed" message you refer to. Sadly, I don't see any useful log files in /var/log, a feature I'm going to ask for.

Do you see the moOde trees at /var/www and /var/local/www? Is mpd installed (try 'which mpd')? If installed, is mpd running (try 'ps ax | grep mpd')?

I donated my older RPis to the engineering club at the local high school but I can try the install on an RPi0W which is also arm6 and 512MB RAM.

Regards,
Kent
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 11:04 AM   #11022
sun1215009714 is offline sun1215009714
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Hi~

Thanks a lot and I build the Moode Audio Beta9 image successfully, then I back up SD Card with "dd" and use this script:

GitHub - Drewsif/PiShrink: Make your pi images smaller!

Cut the image from 16g to 2.4g,now it is 918m after compressing.

If you don't want spend time to build the newest image, you can try mine. I am sure that my image have NO EXTERA THINGS .

MoodeAudio-4.0-Beta9_20171116.zip - Google Drive

(Sorry that my poor English)
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 11:24 AM   #11023
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun1215009714 View Post
Hi~

Thanks a lot and I build the Moode Audio Beta9 image successfully, then I back up SD Card with "dd" and use this script:

GitHub - Drewsif/PiShrink: Make your pi images smaller!

Cut the image from 16g to 2.4g,now it is 918m after compressing.

If you don't want spend time to build the newest image, you can try mine. I am sure that my image have NO EXTERA THINGS .

MoodeAudio-4.0-Beta9_20171116.zip - Google Drive

(Sorry that my poor English)
@sun1215009714

This is a nifty script to know about. Thanks for pointing it out. I was getting along with dd and the same truncation trick Tim uses but I like the more thorough nature of this script.

Regards,
Kent
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:14 PM   #11024
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post


Hi Tim, here are some updated instructions leaving off the initial instructions to set up a sdcard.

Step 1 - Install software

sudo apt update
sudo apt install xinit xorg lsb-release xserver-xorg-legacy chromium-browser libgtk-3-0
sudo sed -i "s/allowed_users=console/allowed_users=anybody/" /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config

Step 2 - Create a .xinitrc file

sudo nano /home/pi/.xinitrc

Add the following to the file and save it

#!/bin/bash

# turn off display power management
xset -dpms &

# turn on a 10 minute screensaver
xset s 600 &

# start chromium browser
chromium-browser --kiosk --touch-events --disable-touch-drag-drop --disable-overlay-scrollbar --enable-touchview --enable-pinch --window-size=800,480 --window-position=0,0 --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --no-first-run --app=http://localhost/

Step 3 - Create a start-gui.sh file

sudo nano /home/pi/start-gui.sh

Add the following to the file and save it. Note if not using a touchscreen add the nocursor option after the install is finished as it will hide the cursor which will prevent using a mouse.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xinit -- -nocursor

Make executable by running the following

sudo chmod +x /home/pi/start-gui.sh

Step 4 - Create a service

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/start-gui.service

Add the following to the file and save it

[Unit]
Description=Start Chromium GUI
After=nginx.service php5-fpm.service mpd.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/home/pi/start-gui.sh
User=pi

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Step 5 - Start the service

sudo systemctl enable start-gui.service
sudo systemctl start start-gui.service

Step 6 - Modify the look of the interface

Go to advance settings and reduce the zoom to 75%

Press Ctrl tab on a keyboard connected to the Raspberry pi

Go to Chrome extensions (chome://extensions) and install the virtual keyboard extension

Next hide the scrollbar by enabling the following option

chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars

Last edited by Morias; 16th November 2017 at 12:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:44 PM   #11025
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
Hi Tim, here are some updated instructions leaving off the initial instructions to set up a sdcard.



Step 1 - Install software



sudo apt update

sudo apt install xinit xorg lsb-release xserver-xorg-legacy chromium-browser libgtk-3-0

sudo sed -i "s/allowed_users=console/allowed_users=anybody/" /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config



Step 2 - Create a .xinitrc file



sudo nano /home/pi/.xinitrc



Add the following to the file and save it



#!/bin/bash



# turn off display power management

xset -dpms &



# turn on a 10 minute screensaver

xset s 600 &



# start chromium browser

chromium-browser --kiosk --touch-events --disable-touch-drag-drop --disable-overlay-scrollbar --enable-touchview --enable-pinch --window-size=800,480 --window-position=0,0 --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --no-first-run --app=http://localhost/



Step 3 - Create a start-gui.sh file



sudo nano /home/pi/start-gui.sh



Add the following to the file and save it. Note if not using a touchscreen add the nocursor option after the install is finished as it will hide the cursor which will prevent using a mouse.



#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/xinit -- -nocursor



Make executable by running the following



sudo chmod +x /home/pi/start-gui.sh



Step 4 - Create a service



sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/start-gui.service



Add the following to the file and save it



[Unit]

Description=Start Chromium GUI

After=nginx.service php5-fpm.service mpd.service



[Service]

Type=simple

ExecStart=/home/pi/start-gui.sh

User=pi



[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target



Step 5 - Start the service



sudo systemctl enable start-gui.service

sudo systemctl start start-gui.service



Step 6 - Modify the look of the interface



Go to advance settings and reduce the zoom to 75%



Press Ctrl tab on a keyboard connected to the Raspberry pi



Go to Chrome extensions (chome://extensions) and install the virtual keyboard extension



Next hide the scrollbar by enabling the following option



chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars
@Morias

I successfully followed your recipe last spring to display to an HDMI monitor. I skipped the virtual keyboard extension to Chrome at the time because I wasn't interested. Just clicked around with a mouse since I didn't have a touchscreen to play with.

It's possible to streamline the extension installation process by using the inline installation technique but this still requires an explicit user response (for security reasons).

Looking at the Chrome store, there are three different virtual keyboards offered. Is there one in particular you recommend?

Regards,
Kent
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:58 PM   #11026
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
@Morias



I successfully followed your recipe last spring to display to an HDMI monitor. I skipped the virtual keyboard extension to Chrome at the time because I wasn't interested. Just clicked around with a mouse since I didn't have a touchscreen to play with.



It's possible to streamline the extension installation process by using the inline installation technique but this still requires an explicit user response (for security reasons).



Looking at the Chrome store, there are three different virtual keyboards offered. Is there one in particular you recommend?



Regards,

Kent


I installed the one by xontab however I don't use it much.

My main use of the touchscreen display is starting and stopping the player or changing radio stations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 01:17 PM   #11027
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member
 
TimCurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metro-Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
Hi Tim, here are some updated instructions leaving off the initial instructions to set up a sdcard.

Step 1 - Install software

sudo apt update
sudo apt install xinit xorg lsb-release xserver-xorg-legacy chromium-browser libgtk-3-0
sudo sed -i "s/allowed_users=console/allowed_users=anybody/" /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config

Step 2 - Create a .xinitrc file

sudo nano /home/pi/.xinitrc

Add the following to the file and save it

#!/bin/bash

# turn off display power management
xset -dpms &

# turn on a 10 minute screensaver
xset s 600 &

# start chromium browser
chromium-browser --kiosk --touch-events --disable-touch-drag-drop --disable-overlay-scrollbar --enable-touchview --enable-pinch --window-size=800,480 --window-position=0,0 --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --no-first-run --app=http://localhost/

Step 3 - Create a start-gui.sh file

sudo nano /home/pi/start-gui.sh

Add the following to the file and save it. Note if not using a touchscreen add the nocursor option after the install is finished as it will hide the cursor which will prevent using a mouse.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xinit -- -nocursor

Make executable by running the following

sudo chmod +x /home/pi/start-gui.sh

Step 4 - Create a service

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/start-gui.service

Add the following to the file and save it

[Unit]
Description=Start Chromium GUI
After=nginx.service php5-fpm.service mpd.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/home/pi/start-gui.sh
User=pi

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Step 5 - Start the service

sudo systemctl enable start-gui.service
sudo systemctl start start-gui.service

Step 6 - Modify the look of the interface

Go to advance settings and reduce the zoom to 75%

Press Ctrl tab on a keyboard connected to the Raspberry pi

Go to Chrome extensions (chome://extensions) and install the virtual keyboard extension

Next hide the scrollbar by enabling the following option

chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars
Thx :-)

-Tim
__________________
Enjoy the Music!
http://moodeaudio.org, http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 01:21 PM   #11028
sun1215009714 is offline sun1215009714
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
@sun1215009714

This is a nifty script to know about. Thanks for pointing it out. I was getting along with dd and the same truncation trick Tim uses but I like the more thorough nature of this script.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for your reply~

I know this script from this project:

GitHub - thibmaek/awesome-raspberry-pi: 📝 A curated list of awesome Raspberry Pi tools, projects, images and resources

A porject that have lots of OS, projects, tools and resources about RaspberryPi. Hope it can help you ~
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 01:37 PM   #11029
Lolse is offline Lolse
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverbaboon View Post
Are you wanting to install BubbleUPNPServer just for Tidal? If so you no longer need this as UPMPDCLI can do this. Enable UPMPDCLI in the UI and configure the username and password in the optional UPNP bits in the WebUI.

This will then show up as an extra library on your network in bubble control app.

I haven't to test the latest betas due to work and now decorating but this works on Beta 5 which I am using now (or would be if not for painting the HiFi room ahem I mean the 'Dining room' dear.).

The Moode UPNP Media Server this creates can also serve other Raspberry Pi's in your network so you only need to configure this on one Raspberry PI.

The OHOME features of the Bubble Server are also in UMPDCLI , the BubbleUPNP control does not support OHRADIO anyway.

Thank you, Serverbaboon. I sidestepped the issue by going the Squeezeserver route.

Are there any downsides of using Logitech Media Server (on a seprate Pi 2) compared to setting up Tidal using an UPNP server? My impression is that it takes some work off of the streaming RPi3, allows for more configuration and allows for other remote apps than Lumin. I just bought the iPeng App and I am quite impressed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 01:55 PM   #11030
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
jonners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gloucestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
PiB does not start automatically as advertised... but once logged in over ssh it does...42 minutes later and it says completed but on reboot and attempts to load webpage all I get is....
**************************
Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.

****************************
I had the same, as I mentioned earlier. However I left it running, had a coffee, and went out for a bike ride. 40miles and a lunch stop later Moode 4.0 Beta 9 was available!

EDIT: Something is wrong, however. After configuring, it won't reboot.

Last edited by jonners; 16th November 2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: As above
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My DAC for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 156 29th April 2017 11:10 PM
DSP for the Raspberry Pi usul27 Digital Line Level 39 30th August 2016 07:29 AM
Raspberry Pi + CirrusLogic Audio Card = FAIL solderhead PC Based 31 26th January 2016 06:48 PM
RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player mikelangeloz PC Based 295 14th June 2014 05:32 PM
miniAMP and raspberry pi kp93300 miniDSP 0 3rd March 2014 03:38 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki