Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2017, 11:22 PM   #11011
franz159 is offline franz159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
Hi all,
i really (really ) enjoy Moode Audio ... so i spent some time to completely batch the build process with a raspberry PI running another OS (in my case, volumio ).

If someone want to try it ... i have uploaded a zip file with instructions and 2 install files.
In the zip you will also find 2 logs files with my last test of the process (theses are useless for the process ... it is just to show it was OK on my PI3)

Zip file is here : Uploadfiles.io - MoOde Automatic Install.zip

Tim feel free to use it ... i cannot mp you before posting ... your box is full
If you not agree with that, let me know i will delete this post.

Regards.
Great. I will try it.
Just a question....

What do you mean in the instructions that "An SD card with an USB writer to create the Moode Audio OS on it" is needed? Since I do not own a USB SD writer, if I skip that step, will I end up with an ".img" written in the working directory? (assuming I have enough space in it)? If so, I could then copy the img file manually on my Mac and burn a new sd using Etcher.

Thanks

Last edited by franz159; 15th November 2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 15th November 2017, 11:43 PM   #11012
franz159 is offline franz159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolse View Post
After I could not get my audio interface to work I replaced it with a Hifiberry DAC. The glitches are gone.

Today I have been trying all day to get the UPNP renderer to work again in harmony with BubbleUPNP on the same Pi. I had this setup running on my old Raspberry and now I have reset it countless times, played around with the GUI settings and still the renderer won't show up in BubbleUPNP.

I remember setting up UPNP to work with Tidal the first time being a bit problematic but I managed to sort it out by restarting it a few times. This solution is not working in the new setup.

Any ideas what I could do now?
This is the script I used to install BubbleUPnpServer on Moode Beta5:

Code:
#Install Java runtime
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-jdk          

#Install BubbleUPnPServer in /usr/local/bin 
sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin/BubbleUPnPServer
cd /usr/local/bin/BubbleUPnPServer
sudo wget http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubble...er-distrib.zip
sudo unzip BubbleUPnPServer-distrib.zip

#Configure automatic start at boot and stop at shutdown 
cd /etc/init.d
sudo wget http://www.francescomoretta.com/foto...bbleUPnPServer
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/BubbleUPnPServer
sudo update-rc.d BubbleUPnPServer defaults
Not tested yet on Beta 6/7/8 or 9... I'm planning to do asap.

Last edited by franz159; 15th November 2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 16th November 2017, 02:18 AM   #11013
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member

I have a couple minor adjustments. I can post later tonight or email you. It is the middle of the day in Australia.
Old 16th November 2017, 02:36 AM   #11014
TheOldPresbyope is offline TheOldPresbyope  United States
diyAudio Member

Update on DietPi+moOde

I just downloaded and installed the testing version on an RPi3B with Ethernet connection. Basically burn a small image to uSD card, insert it and power up. After a while (I forgot to time it, but the maintainer sez to expect 20m to 60m) the familiar moOde Player web client appeared in my browser. No time to kick the tires tonight.

This is a barebones version of beta9 but huzzah the automated install process is alive.

Regards,
Kent
Old 16th November 2017, 04:38 AM   #11015
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
Update on DietPi+moOde

I just downloaded and installed the testing version on an RPi3B with Ethernet connection. Basically burn a small image to uSD card, insert it and power up. After a while (I forgot to time it, but the maintainer sez to expect 20m to 60m) the familiar moOde Player web client appeared in my browser. No time to kick the tires tonight.

This is a barebones version of beta9 but huzzah the automated install process is alive.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent, I see the image is arm6 so I'm going to give it a try on a 'not uSD card'... and a PiB...... will report in several hours when it completes...
Old 16th November 2017, 06:18 AM   #11016
vandekennedylaan is offline vandekennedylaan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
Update on DietPi+moOde

Regards,
Kent
Beta 9 up and running! Must faster install than the manual way. On Rpi 3 = arm7.
Old 16th November 2017, 08:01 AM   #11017
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

PiB does not start automatically as advertised... but once logged in over ssh it does...42 minutes later and it says completed but on reboot and attempts to load webpage all I get is....

Quote:
Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.
Old 16th November 2017, 08:07 AM   #11018
Serverbaboon is offline Serverbaboon  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolse View Post
After I could not get my audio interface to work I replaced it with a Hifiberry DAC. The glitches are gone.

Today I have been trying all day to get the UPNP renderer to work again in harmony with BubbleUPNP on the same Pi. I had this setup running on my old Raspberry and now I have reset it countless times, played around with the GUI settings and still the renderer won't show up in BubbleUPNP.

I remember setting up UPNP to work with Tidal the first time being a bit problematic but I managed to sort it out by restarting it a few times. This solution is not working in the new setup.

Any ideas what I could do now?
Are you wanting to install BubbleUPNPServer just for Tidal? If so you no longer need this as UPMPDCLI can do this. Enable UPMPDCLI in the UI and configure the username and password in the optional UPNP bits in the WebUI.

This will then show up as an extra library on your network in bubble control app.

I haven't to test the latest betas due to work and now decorating but this works on Beta 5 which I am using now (or would be if not for painting the HiFi room ahem I mean the 'Dining room' dear.).

The Moode UPNP Media Server this creates can also serve other Raspberry Pi's in your network so you only need to configure this on one Raspberry PI.

The OHOME features of the Bubble Server are also in UMPDCLI , the BubbleUPNP control does not support OHRADIO anyway.
Old 16th November 2017, 09:36 AM   #11019
koda59 is offline koda59  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz159 View Post
Great. I will try it.
Just a question....

What do you mean in the instructions that "An SD card with an USB writer to create the Moode Audio OS on it" is needed? Since I do not own a USB SD writer, if I skip that step, will I end up with an ".img" written in the working directory? (assuming I have enough space in it)? If so, I could then copy the img file manually on my Mac and burn a new sd using Etcher.

Thanks

I mean a Micro sd usb adapter ... something like this :
High Speed Micro SD Card Reader – Maximum 128GB – Black – PiShop.us

regards.
Old 16th November 2017, 10:24 AM   #11020
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
PiB does not start automatically as advertised... but once logged in over ssh it does...42 minutes later and it says completed but on reboot and attempts to load webpage all I get is....
Same here.

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!