Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2017, 05:08 PM   #11001
ear5142 is offline ear5142  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPresbyope View Post
As a followup to my earlier message about installing gmusicapi:

gmusicapi has 24 dependencies. Some of these are already present at this stage of the build recipe and most are easily brought in via 'pip'. As I mentioned earlier, the killer is lxml which is a subdependency of gmusicapi via MechanicalSoup. It takes approximately forever to build it.

On a fresh r40b9 install, I got to the "COMPONENT 7 - Optionally install gmusicapi" step and first installed two of the dependencies via the apt repos:

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install python-future python-lxml
after which I ran
Code:
sudo pip install gmusicapi
It took just 2 minutes for the install to finish on my RPi3B.

Note that there are other dependencies available via the apt repos but I chose not to install them because there are "interesting" constraints imposed on acceptable versions which I chose to let 'pip' sort out.

Regards,
Kent

PS - don't get confused by the pip vs debian naming conventions. pip wants "lxml", which is not a reference to a C library but a Pythonic binding to the C libraries lxml2 and lxslt; debian offers it in the package "python-lxml".
Thanks, it works!
Old 15th November 2017, 06:37 PM   #11002
TR909 is offline TR909
diyAudio Member

DietPi-Software | moOde #1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietPi
Automated image installation of moOde:
Currently in testing, under RPi Stretch.
Old 15th November 2017, 06:55 PM   #11003
Lolse is offline Lolse
diyAudio Member

After I could not get my audio interface to work I replaced it with a Hifiberry DAC. The glitches are gone.

Today I have been trying all day to get the UPNP renderer to work again in harmony with BubbleUPNP on the same Pi. I had this setup running on my old Raspberry and now I have reset it countless times, played around with the GUI settings and still the renderer won't show up in BubbleUPNP.

I remember setting up UPNP to work with Tidal the first time being a bit problematic but I managed to sort it out by restarting it a few times. This solution is not working in the new setup.

Any ideas what I could do now?
Old 15th November 2017, 08:11 PM   #11004
swizzle is offline swizzle  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispi View Post
Would be great! My old plan, the dedicated touch screen.
I don't get why you'd bother with a low res, resistive touch screen when android / kindle fire tablets are so cheap. You can glue one to your Pi's case if you're that set against mobility.
Old 15th November 2017, 08:37 PM   #11005
ispi is offline ispi
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I don't get why you'd bother with a low res, resistive touch screen when android / kindle fire tablets are so cheap. You can glue one to your Pi's case if you're that set against mobility.
Yes, I thought about it, but sometimes I want to control Pi without network, so would be good the local, always on display. It's my own mania, so if it will come true, thats good, if not, I'll survive...
Old 15th November 2017, 09:01 PM   #11006
Morias is offline Morias
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to get a sense of how popular "local display of the UI over HDMI or Touch Screen" would be. Its been on my TODO list for a long while now and maybe its time to do it :-)

-Tim

That is how I run mine. I find it very useful. It could be an additional option on the end of the build instructions.
Old 15th November 2017, 09:23 PM   #11007
DRONE7 is offline DRONE7  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Yes Tim, an option for local UI over Hdmi gets my vote..
Old 15th November 2017, 10:08 PM   #11008
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to get a sense of how popular "local display of the UI over HDMI or Touch Screen" would be. Its been on my TODO list for a long while now and maybe its time to do it :-)

-Tim
It would be a great option. All my use is headless, but I can see opportunities to add a screen (now I have my cnc router fired up!)

It seems to be a stumbling block for many so a ‘factory’ display option would be popular, I think.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:20 PM   #11009
Zootalaws is offline Zootalaws  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Just a few use cases I have heard over the years, all valid. The nice part is, it doesn’t force you to do anything you don’t want:

I want to make a “beach speaker” and I don’t want to carry a tablet with me.

I have an old radiogram that I want to have a modern interface in place of the old tuner panel.

I want a permanent waterproof control embedded in the top of my outdoor table

I want a panel in my kitchen cupboard door

I want a control in my sauna
Old 15th November 2017, 10:26 PM   #11010
TimCurtis is online now TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morias View Post
That is how I run mine. I find it very useful. It could be an additional option on the end of the build instructions.
Hi @Morias,

Do you have any updates or tweeks to your recipe?
Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - Rasptouch modded audio software / Solutions audio modees

-Tim

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!