Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
apassgear said:
There are huge amounts of heatsinks needed for this project, is anybody considering a GB for these? This side of the Atlantic?

Humm a Group Buy for Heatsinks.. I have done a few lately and there always seems to be dissention about the price.

The concept is excellent, the power of bulk purchasing, the practise can be a nightmare.

Kari does the Preamp benefit from matrched devices?

Regards

Anthony

BobEllis said:
Digi-Key Part Number HS241-ND 2" is $12.38/10 or 412.5/500.

There's not enough savings to make a group buy worthwhile - for my 6 channels the 500 piece price saves $17, before repacking and reshipping costs.

power amp heatsinks would make sense to group buy, though.

Hello Bob, your math is a little skewed there, In your example the savings would $5 US for the 12 Heatsinks required. The savings is as a group because 500 heatsinks would make 41 stereo kits, that is a savings of $200 plus US. Admitedly the reshipping is going to cost $3 to $5 depending on location in the US. Think of it this way, the savings alone on the Heatsinks would cover shipping for a complete kit, plus it's incremental savings.

Anthony

BTW, if your purchasing from a US source use Mouser P/N 532-531202B25 $10.80/10 or $390/500

I counted 7 sinks per channel - using independent power supplies x 6 channels = 42 sinks, savings would be .41 per sink.

Mouser's pricing, while better, only saves .30 per sink going to the 500 piece price. A two channel builder would save $4.20. While I am all for saving money, that's not enough savings to make ME want to organize a group buy. If it is for you, have at it.

I bought some 1.65" high one for around $0.65 per piece. Annodized black.

and The 1.38" high one actually cost more: $0.70 natually finish.

I have some spares. Email me for some.

See picture:

Attachments

• to220.jpg
    to220.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 488
Kari, any chance of posting Eagle files (if in Eagle) of even full-size PDFs of the layouts?
I think Kari earlier said he wouldnt do that.

Kari does the Preamp benefit from matrched devices?
Yes, at least the 2 pairs needs matching. (Yes I do know I am not Kari:D :D )

By the way, can you post the final schematic Kari, with Cascode and the 10v ref's.

But you never know, you may like it different in your system.

Thanks for the answer, Tony, I will try an experiment a bit with that.

Steen:)

BobEllis said:
I counted 7 sinks per channel - using independent power supplies x 6 channels = 42 sinks, savings would be .41 per sink.

Mouser's pricing, while better, only saves .30 per sink going to the 500 piece price. A two channel builder would save $4.20. While I am all for saving money, that's not enough savings to make ME want to organize a group buy. If it is for you, have at it.

Hello Bob, it appears I was counting 10 for a channel, while only 7 devices need heatsinks, hence the difference in the math.

Still I wonder if a GB for a parts kit is wanted by members who are buying Kari's boards?

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:

Hello Bob, it appears I was counting 10 for a channel, while only 7 devices need heatsinks, hence the difference in the math.

Still I wonder if a GB for a parts kit is wanted by members who are buying Kari's boards?

Regards

Anthony

Great idea.. I'm in for a few kit's..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.