Papa’s slot loaded open baffle version #2

Here's the info on my ACN/LX Mini set up for Papa's SLOB.

I've attached two documents- (no idea why they are upside down- saved correctly.)

1. The ACN crossover schematic with updated values hand written.
2. The file of the crossover slope with updated values on the right, but it is not a complete schematic. Use the complete schematic with the hand written values.

Schematic changes from original values-

For the low pass-
R1/3 to 10K ohm
R25/26 to 22K ohm
R27/29 to 22K ohm

For the High Pass-
C4/8 to 47NF
C3/7 to 47NF
R2/4 to 22K ohm
R6/8 to 22K ohm
C15/19 removed/left open
C16/20 to 15NF
R23/24 to 4.7K ohm
R28/30 to 8.2K ohm
R32/34 to 1K ohm
This is an old post, I realize, but I have a question. From the curves your posted, and from my own simulation, the values above give an EQ boost centered at about 35Hz, but the original SLOB has it at 20Hz. Am I misreading this, or is there some other explanation? Thx.

This is an old post, I realize, but I have a question. From the curves your posted, and from my own simulation, the values above give an EQ boost centered at about 35Hz, but the original SLOB has it at 20Hz. Am I misreading this, or is there some other explanation? Thx.
The crossover calculations were done by another member- Ylab. He and I had a bit of back and forth and the values posted are what he proposed and I followed. I have not run them through the simulator. I just updated the values on my ACN board and listened.

Ylab did say, much like Papa, that each person should experiment with different values for the resistors and caps to get a sound they like. I was happy with the performance when I followed his updates and I haven't made any changes. I think the values are a good starting point but by no means should be the end all, be all.

I posted the info figuring there were others like me who are a bit challenged when calculating crossover values.

Anyone else notice the cutout along the side panel that allows the woofer mount to slide under/into it? That’s a change I noticed from the original SLOB. Not sure if there’s any significance to the change.

Attachments

• FB3DCF23-B7CD-4711-B616-39049CE4F363.jpeg
    FB3DCF23-B7CD-4711-B616-39049CE4F363.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 304