Did anyone else get a lot done during this damn pandemic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It has been a productive year!

For me, an ACP+ has been packaged, built a BA2018 and Salas' Ultra FSP, am repairing one of my F5T V3 mono blocks (and will make some corresponding improvements to the other mono block) and expect to start on a new amp (most likely a dual mono F6) once the V3s are repaired/upgraded.

Good thing several COVID vaccines are imminent; I don't have that much storage space for audio components.

Regards.

Attachments

• ACP+ (front panel uncovered).jpg
    ACP+ (front panel uncovered).jpg
    578 KB · Views: 155
  • F5T Monoblocks on Kitchen Table_2.jpg
    F5T Monoblocks on Kitchen Table_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 78
  • UFSP PS (overhead).JPG
    UFSP PS (overhead).JPG
    933.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Salas UFSP (front).JPG
    Salas UFSP (front).JPG
    557.1 KB · Views: 84
  • UFSP (overhead).JPG
    UFSP (overhead).JPG
    902 KB · Views: 155
  • BA2018 Power Supply (overhead).jpg
    BA2018 Power Supply (overhead).jpg
    451 KB · Views: 157
  • BA2018 Preamp (overview).jpg
    BA2018 Preamp (overview).jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 149
  • BA2018 Preamp (front on).JPG
    BA2018 Preamp (front on).JPG
    854.1 KB · Views: 152
I am still working full time. They gave us three extra vacation days this summer and I also get alot of vacation time. The thing that has changed is I have been to the office about three times since March.

I wanted larger midrange horns to meet the 18 inch woofers gracefully. Crossover is 300hz on the low side. Wood was cut by a local tree cutter and formed with a chainsaw and table saw. I wanted pine so it would be light even though the inside walls are 1.5 inches. Also it does not get the higher frequency resonances of hardwood.

My wife is OK with it and my daughter highly approves. Some cleanup remains for this weekend.

IMG_0523.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg

Hello Jeffrey,

these are Modushop Galaxy Chassis. On the fronpanels of my Waynes linestage and the PSU in a second case is nothing. Till now. Only black anodized 10mm aluminum.
But I like simple designs.
The input selctor and volume control is in a third case. Universally usable for different preamps.I called it 'Master control'...:rolleyes:

Greets
Dirk

Thanks Dirk!

Looks super clean!

I'd love to have an AI master control in the voice of HAL with that wonderful red eye/led that Nelson has as is avatar. I've always been a little confused as to why he didn't choose SAL9000 from 2010. Sal is "pass lab" Blue.

Jeffrey

and new-to-me music. Bandcamp, metal-archives.com, and a few blogs are all great resources for my tastes. I also learned a new term for the genre I tend to like: NWOTHM ("New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal") Highlights have been: New Light Choir (USA), Tarot (Australia), Wizar'd (Australia), Emblem (Canada), Hallas (Sweden), Ice Sword (USA), Meurtrieres (France), Storm (Norway), Angel Sword (Finland), Warlord (USA), Blaspheme (France). All../QUOTE]

Thanks alot for sharing this and these. I will go hunting on Tidal.

I was never on a break during Corona except 4 days while waiting for test-answer and luckily having the flu.

The pandemic has afflicted so many inspiring initiatives, that have also influenced me. Bought a set of CV AL 1000 in a bad shape. Their bassdrivers and probably midranges will be put into CV mv15b vocal pa speaker cabinets that I bought for 50 euros.

Got 6 er124 midranges from the same guy, which may be fitting for OB speaker together with some 18 inch Zomax I have waiting for midds.

I started to renovate the blocks Petanque court. Ive heard it suits red wine very well.

Am about to put new strawberries and other berrieplants that I got from a friend in my parents garden. Neighboor gave me a new motherboard for my 2007 computer and helped me install it. So now im running I7 and 64 gigs for zero euros ☺

Loads of other stuff. Good that Im well medicated��

Cheers!

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks alot for sharing this and these. I will go hunting on Tidal.

If you're into that style - I also went on a new music search and record buying spree in my days off around last Christmas holidays. Highlights include: Blood Ceremony (Canada), Chevalier (Finland), Christian Mistress (USA), Grendel’s Syster (Germany), Quayde LaHüe (USA), Sanhedrin (USA), Tanith (USA / UK), Altar of Oblivion (Denmark), Eternal Champion (USA), Galaxy (Australia), Horisont (Sweden), Riot City (Canada), Sumerlands (USA), Terminus (Northern Ireland)

Is Altar of Oblivion a Local band for you?
In my old job I was flying to CPH 5x per year from 2009-2016. I used to always check the schedule at "The Rock" club, and saw a few great gigs there. I never saw anything at Loppen, nor was I around during Copenhell. I saw the posters. Unfortunatly I never got time for record shopping. I remember going to Candy Records in the late 90's and was extremely impressed with the selection.

It has been a productive year!

For me, an ACP+ has been packaged, built a BA2018 and Salas' Ultra FSP, am repairing one of my F5T V3 mono blocks (and will make some corresponding improvements to the other mono block) and expect to start on a new amp (most likely a dual mono F6) once the V3s are repaired/upgraded.

Good thing several COVID vaccines are imminent; I don't have that much storage space for audio components.

Regards.

That finished Line Stage looks awesome.

"Did anyone else get a lot done during this damn pandemic?"

No..... unfortunately NOT. One upside though........ I lost my job. Here is where I was one of the technicians:

SGM Light - Leading industry lighting technology

As you can see, thanks to Covid-19, there´s absolutely no orders to fullfill, since most of what we invent/produce is not needed for a good period of time.

So now.... I have all the time in the world. Took my pension. Feeling too old to start getting acquainted with new collegues etc. Now I need to kick myself in the *** every morning to get all the unfinished project done :D:D

Last edited:
:spin::spin:
My wife told me that she doesn't think I'll be bored at all with retirement - I always have several projects going on simultaneously. Congrats on your retirement, Boydk! Enjoy it!

By the way, your next amplifier project has a "Due Date" of next Friday - don't make us doc you points for being late ;)

Ha ha....
Thanks for keeping my spirit up :D
You´re not all that wrong, except it´s not an amp but my final phono amp. Has been under way for quite some time now.... The SX-Ono
All that´s left is to get the rest of the drilling on the enclosures done an getting the stuff mounted.
But... You just start doc´n your points, no chance in hell this will be done by friday

Attachments

• RIAA.JPG
    RIAA.JPG
    847.5 KB · Views: 82
  • PSU.JPG
    PSU.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Cont3.jpg
    Cont3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.