Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Simple SE Sit Amp
Simple SE Sit Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2021, 12:59 PM   #201
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
Eyeballing the scope screen capture in #197, the peaks are ~ 2.6-2.7 vertical grid boxes above the baseline, and the troughs are ~ 2.6-2.7 vertical grids below the baseline. Total separation between peaks and troughs is ~ 5.2-5.4 vertical grids.

The first falling edge crosses the baseline at ~ 2.0 horizontal grid boxes and the second falling edge crosses the baseline at ~ 5.3 horizontal grids. The waveform period is the delta between these two zero crossings. (And the frequency is 1/period).
Old 29th January 2021, 05:19 AM   #202
rottalpha is offline rottalpha  United States
diyAudio Member

I hear no more chatter...is this the calm before the storm??
Still no ETA?
Old 29th January 2021, 11:25 AM   #203
Bones13 is offline Bones13  United States
Techie Wanabe
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
There is a spatter of speculation, and begging every time a nugget of information/rumor comes out. Then fatigue sets in. This group of OCD builders tends move on to another interest that they can actually build. This has been going on for awhile now.

NP, MJ, 6L6, and crew are putting a lot of effort into this project, and obfuscating as much as possible. I suspect they are enjoying the suspense. It will happen when they are happy with the product. Remembering back in the day what the DIYAudioStore was, it has come a long way, and I congratulate them.

I, like all of you get over-excited every time a SimpleSit nugget comes out. It usually ends up with me building another M2x daughter board set.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:30 AM   #204
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
2 facts

-Papa is having hands full, all the time

-he's teaching us to enjoy in what we already have; if boredom hits, at least few of Greedy Boys would start using own gray cells

-he'll deliver, as always

- isn't this 5 facts, at least ?

Old 29th January 2021, 01:40 PM   #205
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Simple SE Sit Amp
^^ This.
Old 29th January 2021, 05:35 PM   #206
mkane77g is offline mkane77g  United States
Grandfather
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
watching
Old 29th January 2021, 06:12 PM   #207
Indigent Audio is offline Indigent Audio
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It usually ends up with me building another M2x daughter board set.
Well since we’re OCD and bored, why not talk about rumors and speculation? It was implied that MJs ‘unlisted’ M2x boards are the basis for some of the optional boards for the new vfet. Have you seen or built any of those daughter cards?
Old 29th January 2021, 07:04 PM   #208
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
The M2x daughter cards called IPS6 and IPS7 are public domain; their schematics and PCB manufacturing files ("Gerbers") are freely downloadable by anyone. They are intended for intermediate- to advanced-skill builders and no training wheel types of tutorials are provided.

IPS8 is designed and built and waiting in the queue to be tested. It's not a roaring priority.

Something that might or might not become yet one more M2x daughter card, got scribbled on a pad next to the bed, in the middle of the night, last week. Who knows what may develop, certainly not me.
Old 6th February 2021, 01:28 AM   #209
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
Optional / Additional Front End #5 (code letter "R") ordered from PCB fab today, nobody can predict whether Chinese New Year will slow it down or by how much.

This is the all-SMD board for test & debugging fixtures only; distribution limited to family and friends who have slept in my guest room / I have slept in their guest room. R / FE#5 won't be released to the public at large, I am not eager to experience another support nightmare [of ... many many words deleted]

I'm going to mate it with the BJT amp channel board for debugging, thus the combo amounts to a non-VFET and also non-ThruHole power amp. Just what nobody wants, but also, just what is super handy for design verification and waveform validation.

_

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 6th February 2021 at 01:33 AM.
Old 6th February 2021, 03:02 AM   #210
Bones13 is offline Bones13  United States
Techie Wanabe
diyAudio Member

Simple SE Sit Amp
I was happy to hear of my IPS8 boards to have shipped today. I wish you good fortune with your new board/order.

Simple SE Sit AmpHide this!Advertise here!