F2J clone Build thread

Just warmed up my F2J. Sounds amazing running the FR on Papa's SLOB. I'll enjoy it for a few days and then clean up the connections and check my settings.

Thanks to Papa for the amp and the Semis and Twitchie for the boards!

Attachments

• F2J-1.jpg
    F2J-1.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Congratulations wg45…nicely put together!

I have been in love with my F2J monoblocks since I finished them about two years ago.

They really are remarkable with full range drivers.

I’m currently using mine to drive some Lii Audio Crystal 10 drivers in open baffles.

They really bring out the best in them and have done the same for all the full range drivers I have tried.

I like them so much that I chose them over my vfet amp in this system.

Attachments

• 9AF2F0C0-BA9E-47EE-A94C-2B20A6EF6165.jpg
    9AF2F0C0-BA9E-47EE-A94C-2B20A6EF6165.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Congratulations wg45…nicely put together!

I have been in love with my F2J monoblocks since I finished them about two years ago.

They really are remarkable with full range drivers.

I’m currently using mine to drive some Lii Audio Crystal 10 drivers in open baffles.

They really bring out the best in them and have done the same for all the full range drivers I have tried.

I like them so much that I chose them over my vfet amp in this system.

Yeah, me too. Having a current source amp for open baffle FR drivers is special. I had no idea until I ran across an F1J. Which led to an F2J.

Next up is an F3. I'm interested to see how it compares.

Slowly working my way up the First Watt tree.....

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Next up is an F3. I'm interested to see how it compares.

Slowly working my way up the First Watt tree.....

This was my intention as well, but my impulsive tendencies kind of have me bouncing all over the place.

So far that took me through a gainclone, F2Js, ACAs and the recent VFET P channel amp that I lucked out on.

I’m getting close to finishing a pair of cases with dual mono supplies.

I want to play more with a few multiway ideas I have with bi-amp crossovers.

I’m still not positive what will end up in them.

I forgot to add that my SLOBs use the Lii Audio Fast 8 for the FR.

I have a pair of the F15 in an open baffle. I've played around with them but I can't get the sound I want. It may be that the baffle is too narrow or my room dynamics are off. I thought using the F1J would clean things up and it did help, though I still prefer the SLOBs.

I'd like to try them as the FR in the SLOB. But my baffles are not removable, so most likely it means making another pair of SLOBs. Or making a pair of the Leonidas open baffles.