Article - Sony VFETs part 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I just spoke to the very nice people at Jensen and they are going to do a run of the transformers. They asked me to let you know that the JT-112-LCF has been re-numbered and will now be called the JT-123-FLCF, which is just the wire-terminated version of the JT-123-FLPCH, which NP used in the F6 project. So, the two are interchangeable, just terminated differently.

Happy building :)

SONY SIT boards

Anybody up for designing PCB for the amp? I know that there are 4 parts, but maybe we can arrange the regulators on the same board and also make an optional buffer section?

I'll draw a PCB including an input buffer and onboard regulators (and the SITs and the MOSFETs on an L-profile to attach the whole thing directly to the heatsink, of course).

It may take a little while though, as I am a bit busy at the moment.

Last edited:
I'll draw a PCB including an input buffer and onboard regulators (and the SITs and the MOSFETs on an L-profile to attach the whole thing directly to the heatsink, of course).

It may take a little while though, as I am a bit busy at the moment.

I found these from Austerlitz Electronic GmbH pre-drilled for two TO-3 cans. It is 80 mm long. I also found one plain at 180 mm length. Then you have to do the drilling, but you will get real estate also for the IRF240 and his p-channel brother.

I did not search far and wide, so other L-shapes surely are to be found.

Attachments

• l-profil-7560030-01.jpg
    l-profil-7560030-01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,198
  • l-profil-IMG1577.jpg
    l-profil-IMG1577.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,193
I found these from Austerlitz Electronic GmbH pre-drilled for two TO-3 cans. It is 80 mm long. I also found one plain at 180 mm length. Then you have to do the drilling, but you will get real estate also for the IRF240 and his p-channel brother.

I did not search far and wide, so other L-shapes surely are to be found.

I'll take equal-sided L-shapes 40mm*40mm*5mm thick and 300mm wide at least to ensure a consistant heat dispersion. You'll have to drill them yourselves yet.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I just spoke to the very nice people at Jensen and they are going to do a run of the transformers. They asked me to let you know that the JT-112-LCF has been re-numbered and will now be called the JT-123-FLCF, which is just the wire-terminated version of the JT-123-FLPCH, which NP used in the F6 project. So, the two are interchangeable, just terminated differently.

Happy building :)

Well then, if a PCB is being done, I would recommend using the pinned version then. integrate it on board. Plus someone could gut there F6 to finish this.

Well then, if a PCB is being done, I would recommend using the pinned version then. integrate it on board. Plus someone could gut there F6 to finish this.

Yes, of course.

Unfortunately, I have the wired version of the transformers, the less elegant solution... . The PCB will fit both. Have a look at my F6 board.

Attachments

• F6 photo top view.jpg
    F6 photo top view.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 935
Thanks Michael, I must rectify.
I reread the jensen file and found -3dB between 0,2 Hz and 15MHz with .035% of distortion at 20Hz and +4dBu output level. Lundahl has until 150KHz with much more distortion.
Do you know where can get a couple of JT 11 FLCF?
Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.