Pass X150 Where does it sit in the overall line up ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, the X150 (without cyclops meter), I want to know all about it.

Where does it sit in the layout of Pass amps ?
Whats the consensus re its sound character ?
Rough idea of build dates vs serial number ?
Any info on bias setting ?
Modifications, etc and so on....

Thanks all.... :)

From what I understand though, being at 'the bottom' only really refers to the power output, where as the sound 'signature' stays the same through that models range.

Is that correct ?

If so, how would one describe the sound (or lack off) of the X series vs maybe something a bit latter ?

Guess what i want to know, is, if the chance came up to buy an X150, would i be mad NOT to grab it ??????

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
From what I understand though, being at 'the bottom' only really refers to the power output, where as the sound 'signature' stays the same through that models range.

Is that correct ?

If so, how would one describe the sound (or lack off) of the X series vs maybe something a bit latter ?

Guess what i want to know, is, if the chance came up to buy an X150, would i be mad NOT to grab it ??????

don't be picky ; keep old one , grab new one too

Hmm, cant edit above post...

I can't seem to find any info as to whether the x150 has any sort of speaker protection.....
turn on delay, shut down anti thump, dc, clipping, over heat...

Any info on this people ????

overheat yes , other protection(s) aren't needed with these amps

LOL, Oh ZM.
if i had that sorta money. well, why stop at two ?

so theres no 'strange' output swings as the supply rails collapse on power off ?

All the questions are because I cant afford to buy one, then find out a later one is far superior..
Its only something i can do once...
and not being near the seller, I cant just go there and have a listen..
A big dollar item, sight unheard is a very hard decision.........

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you can't go wrong with either of them ; same philosophy , same approach - just few years of difference between them .
as with everything in life - there is a difference but which one is better can be easily just matter of personal preference
don't bother to read what regular Greedy Boy in Papaland can tell - they're all chasing each new Papamp as best thing after bread , claiming that that one will be last they gonna build ( at least in this year) :devilr:

buy cheaper one , give 20% of difference for music , 20% to buy some parts ;
listen that cheaper one , enjoy in music and build your own Papamp , having fun in learning and building

and yes - use best speakers you can buy/make

Thanks ZM.
Was a BIG bullet i just had to bite...

Now, is there, somewhere, anywhere, a circuit diagram, and or at least some info on bias settings ?

I know about Mr Pass's post on heatsink temperatures, but surely theres an actual bias adjustment...

As far as I can find out this unit has never seen a service, I'm not saying it needs one, but I'd like to know I have the info if needed..
I come from an electronics background, so the geek in me 'needs' to know and have the info, even if it never sees light of day :D

sure, no problem, I'll leave the key under the mat for you.
make sure you bring someone strong.

I wont be having holidays for a looooooong time now.
not that ive had one in the last 10 years anyway....
this is what im calling my mid life crisis.
why buy a sports car (i did look for cheap second hand ones, lots out there too)
when i can have a 'Pass'.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.