Burning Amp BA-3b (Balanced)

I just bought a bunch of 2SK2013/2SJ313 from Quest for $1.48 a piece. I bought a few on a lark to see what the counterfeiters were doing, but when they turned out to be real I bought a bunch more.

They don't show them in inventory anymore, though. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them out; maybe they're just adjusting the price?

I just bought a bunch of 2SK2013/2SJ313 from Quest for $1.48 a piece. I bought a few on a lark to see what the counterfeiters were doing, but when they turned out to be real I bought a bunch more.

They don't show them in inventory anymore, though. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them out; maybe they're just adjusting the price?

Hello Jeff,
What is Quest?

I would like to have a handful of this little wonders myself for my headphone amp.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
when you have BA3 Balanced amp , you can drive it with SE source , as any (proper) balanced amp, or amp having balanced input - just short pins 1 and 3 of XLR input , while using RCA jack

in other words- short neg. input of amp to GND

of course that you need pretty much same voltage envelope on input , as in case with balanced

FE of amp itself is doing SE-Bal conversion