The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

I believe you can milk the Scottish hummingbirds for a very rare single malt, you can either quaff it or add the malt to neeps n tatties to attract herds of wild Haggis; you catch them by chasing them the wrong way around the mountain :D

Attachments

• Catching Haggis.png
    Catching Haggis.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 205
Hi cubicincher,

I'm glad it made someone laugh. What's the animal called - is it a cousin of the Haggis?

There is something Iv'e been curious about for the last 20 odd years; I was in Erlangen on a Siemens training course, one lunch time I saw what looked like an up-turned white blancmange on a plate, I asked if it was a main dish or a desert, the answer I got was 'yes'. I don't know if it was a dish local to the region, any idea what this stuff might be?

When on a visit to the Faroe Islands, where the mountains are steep and not much flat ground, I told my children that there were two distinct breeds of sheep on the islands. And that these two could not interbreed. One breed had short legs on the right side and the other had short legs on the left side. They tried to spot which was which on the whole trip and even came up with some mutations, the up and down sheep :D :D

to Itsmee #27103

Hello Itsmee,

in Germany we have the 'Hang-Hühner' (german) in english it would mean
'hill-hens'. We don't have to hunt them anymore - because they live on farms...
and have been domesticated...:rolleyes:

The turned up 'blancmange'? You have been to Erlangen - that is the region
'Franconia' ('Franken' in german). I am thinking about what is a typical dish for that region that could look like a blancmange?
Could it have been `mashed potatoes´ brought into a special nice looking form?
Perhaps a kind of `german potato dumplings``?
If it was something sweet (desert), then I would assume a kind of `semolina
porridge`stiffed and turned upside down out of a form? Or a pudding?

Greets
Dirk :D

Hi cubicincher,

It defiantly wasn't potato, maybe it was a savoury blancmange, I just thought it a bit odd serving a pudding for a main meal :scratch1:

I wonder if the 'Hang-Hühner' is related to a bird with asymmetrical wings; it fly's in ever decreasing circles until it diapers up it's own bum :D