Mouser delays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just an FYI for anyone from Europe (and maybe US?) ordering from Mouser at present... they have looooong processing times at present due to both snow in Texas and all the other crap thats happening in the world. They couldn't even give an estimate of how far behind they were earlier today.

Not thrashing Mouser, they have usually excellent service IMHO (although I'm not a very frequent user), but its best to know there are delays right now before waiting and waiting on something for a project. Its been 8 days now and my order is still in processing.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I ordered easy components last week, and for the first time they gave a delay message. COVID+Texas Deep Freeze finally slowed them down. My order shipped yesterday.

I hope they are all doing well now. They have always done me right. I’m sure things will get back to whatever the new normal is soon.

Have an order delayed at this time, keeps slipping.

Fine by me, take it when I can get it.

Latest video I have seen, a youtuber based in Texas had posted, was showing food shops with bare shelfs and still not safe to drink the water even if it was on. Think they have more important things to worry about at this time!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have shifted my purchases to Mouser's competitor, Arrow Electronics, whose Nevada warehouse ships to me the same day. The parts I ordered from Mouser on Saturday, Feb 13th (eleven days ago), are still in Mansfield Texas. Mouser is apparently quite proud that they did manage to print a Fedex label (!), and their order tracking system pretends that was the date when the parcel was shipped. Only it wasn't, see image below. Mouser website report in upper left, Fedex website report everywhere else.

At Arrow, UPS ground shipping is FREE, while Mouser charges $7.99 and DigiKey charges $11.99. A very nice additional reason to switch.

_

Attachments

• part2.png
    part2.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 545
Fedex wasn't operating in Texas due to the weather. Not Mousers fault.

This spreadsheet has all the details: https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/f...ce_Update_2021-02-23_PM_Winter_Storms_vf.xlsx

Digi-key and Mouser both offer free shipping on orders over 100$ (to Canada), Digi-key only charges 8$ for next day by noon Fedex for orders less than 100$ Heavy transformers ship free, too. Mouser will ship DHL.
Arrow doesn't have a Canadian branch as far as I know, so duties would be charged for me, too. Also, UPS is the worst courier service on Earth! I avoid buying from companies that only ship UPS. Yesterday, they left a 300$ pair of shoes in the LOBBY OF MY BUILDING for anyone to steal. The buzz code and apartment were on the package, but the driver was too lazy to bother coming to the door. They didn't even call the door phone to tell me it was delivered! I got a f*cking email!

Last edited:
Just an FYI for anyone from Europe (and maybe US?) ordering from Mouser at present... they have looooong processing times at present due to both snow in Texas and all the other crap thats happening in the world. They couldn't even give an estimate of how far behind they were earlier today.

Not thrashing Mouser, they have usually excellent service IMHO (although I'm not a very frequent user), but its best to know there are delays right now before waiting and waiting on something for a project. Its been 8 days now and my order is still in processing.

I ordered from Mouser at the beginning of the month and tool four days to get out of the warehouse. Slightly slower than normal, but no big deal. From what i have read Texas is basically shut down at the moment due to weather and power outages, i wouldn't be at all surprised if it goes nowhere for another week. It is what it is...

Joined 2011
Paid Member
While my order was, and still is, backed up somewhere within Mouser in Mansfield (Ft Worth) Texas, I placed another order with Arrow. The Arrow order was shipped to me (for free) in two days. It's not Mouser's fault that Arrow is so good. I've shifted my purchases to Arrow.

Well, the fact we ordered stuff from them when there was a freak winter storm that took out most of the electric in Texas is no fault but our own. If I hadn't been trying to be cheap (Digikey was 15$ more), I'd have had my stuff last Friday. For some reason, I didn't put two and two together.

It's like ordering from China during CNY... Expect a 2 week delay.

I get 2 day shipping from LCSC.
You have to pay for it (I use DHL - it costs more, but it gets here in 2 days without taking a detour from Memphis to Anchorage and back for no reason (Fedex), but a 300$ dollar LCSC order would cost like 2000$ at Mouser/Digi-key/Arrow/Newark etc, and the parts are fine. 5% MO 1000R resistors that measure 0.1%? 1000 pieces for 5$? I'll take it!

I also ordered some tubes from VTI. We'll see how long that takes to get here from Florida. It's being sent USPS though so I expect it to take a while.

Last edited:
My Mouser and Digikey orders both come out of Texas. Both my kids live there and trust me, they have other issues besides getting your electronic parts to you in two days. Typically Mouser has my order to me within a day or two to Kansas. I’ve only ordered from Arrow once, on Feb 4th, and I had no option for free shipping by any courier. Took over a week to get to me. So in general slower than Mouser or Digikey.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
My stuff shipped yesterday, and was delivered today. There was just a delay in the picking and shipping process, no doubt due to staffing, and commuting issues at the plant. Good to see they are back in their usual excellent form.

Edit - or they might have not even had power at the shop.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.