Fake STK3152/STK3102

Hello!

I own a PM80 SE that has a failed STK3152 that replaced an already failed 3102 around 15 years ago. It's an insane coincidence that David created a replacement just before I was in need for a repair.

A friend and I ordered a few boards made with David's design from China which will arrive next week presumably. I will take pictures and report if and how well it works!

The replacement is working and producing great sound!

Pics:

U890IzT.jpg
lO8826D.jpg
LUAYCdF.jpg

I didn't think about the thickness when I ordered the pcb. Now I would order it definitely in 1mm or thinner.

The STK that was in it had a heatsink merged with the pcb.

Maybe in a few years it blows again then I'll optimize the heatsink :D So far it's been running day and night

This is the latest KiCad 5.1.0 generated version.
I see what happened, KiCad has changed the Gerber file names slightly and I mixed a version.
The circuit is unchanged, I have just cleaned up the tracking a little to improve clearances and maximised copper area on the output devices

Attachments

• STK3102_B.zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 336
I attempted to fix some of the weaknesses of the original module and the fakes. Splitting the high voltage dropper resistor that seemed to degrade into R7/R10 and the higher power output devices should help reliability.
If anything is getting too hot, let me know.

The split is clever. Didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

I honestly doubt it will break down anytime soon by overheating. If that counterfeit lasted for over a decade your design will for sure